How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Answers by Eric Your Own Question
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Category: Android Devices
Satisfied Customers: 3156
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
Type Your Android Devices Question Here...
Answers by Eric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Aunt in USA registered her mobile number on a Samsung

Customer Question

i am David
my Aunt in USA registered her mobile number on a Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2 SPH-M840 and now she has sent it to me in Ghana..i want to deactivate her mobile number on the phone so that i can use a new network carrier on it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

You have to know who your aunt's carrier was, or you can read it off the phone. Then you have to turn the phone off, remove the back cover, and slide the sim card from the old carrier out. You have to get a sim card from your new carrier and inset it into the phone. Then, when you turn on the phone, you have to unlock it from the old carrier. It is a complicated process. If you are still interested, we have to make sure that your phone is compatible with the your new network.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.


I am the person that will be helping you today.

Which cell phone service was your Aunt using in the USA? Which cell service are you wanting to use in Ghana?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,