Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I purchased an LG-4 phone in August. On Sat night I turned

Customer Question
I purchased an LG-4 phone...
I purchased an LG-4 phone in August. On Sat night I turned off the phone and let it charge fully. Upon turning on the device a message flashed that a software update was being performed, followed by a blue screen indicating "Setup Wizard." I did not remember my username or password, and went on to my laptop and recovered my username and had to come up with a new password. Upon powering my phone again and the device initializing, I selected NEXT at the Setup Wizard screen, the following appeared on the Google verification account screen, "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device." I used the recovered sign-in, and put in the new password ***** I could not recall the old password ***** used. I have now changed my password ***** times and what seems over a 100 times I have retried the message keeps looping back, "This device was reset. ....
Can you help! I do not want to reset my phone with factory settings for obvious reasons, which a Verizon tech said I would have to do. The problem appears to me that I can't remember the old password, and the phone is completely locked down. Can you offer some advice on how I can crack the CODE to get back into my phone?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
10/28/2015
Android Device Expert: ITPeter, Engineer replied 2 years ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi there,

You can try to recover your Google Account password *****:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

If that doesn't work, you will need to reset the phone and create a new account.

There is no way to crack this security feature.

However, the recovery process should work for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Pete.

I explained that I had recovered my username and password ***** the recovery site to no success. What you have recommended is what I have already tried, many times and was told that I would have to reset my phone by a Verizon rep when I took my phone back to the store I had purchased it. My concern is losing all my notes, passwords in my phone, photos, contacts and calendar. I am not at all savvy with any technical matters, so the cloud terrifies me and I don't know how I got stuff in the cloud.After countless tries does a person get logged out from continuing to try a prior password. I don't want to set up a new Google Account but if I do, how, or can I merge my current gmail account with a new gmail account? When I set up an appt in my calendar, sometimes I notice it is in gmail and/or my msn account which is my main acct I have had for over 25 years. Hence, why I didn't remember my gmail username.It sounds like I have no alternative but to set up a new account. How do I do this and will BOTH accounts be synced together. I would rather talk to someone to help me. A contact number I do not want published is my home(###) ###-####Monica

Hi Monica,

As you are unable to unlock the security on the phone, it must be reset and you will lose everything that is on it - this is a security precaution in case your phone gets stolen, and there is no other workaround except the recovery method. Otherwise, there would be no point in the phones having this security feature if you could get around it.

To create a new Google account, go to

https://accounts.google.com/signup

The two accounts cannot be synced if you cannot access the old account - again this is for security reasons.

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer