Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I think I ruined my Paperwhite when I used the little

Customer Question

I think I ruined my Paperwhite when I used the little connector I have for plugging my cell phone USB cable into a wall outlet to try to charge the Kindle. Now it doesn't work. If this is right, I would like to buy a new Paperwhite online. Would you please direct me to a site where I can do this and get the ownership transferred to the new device. I would then like to order a book.
BTW, where can I get the proper device for plugging the USB cord that comes with the Kindle into a wall outlet for charging. Maybe there is no such thing? Must I only charge the Kindle off my computer USB ports?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There is a chance that the internal board got fried when you used that different wall adapter. But sometimes this happens if the firmware is glitched. So do this please. Soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.

If that didn't work, then connect it to your computer and hold down the Power button for 20-40 seconds and this will reset it. If it still not working, that means either the battery or mainboard has failed. You can either send it to Amazon for replacement (if it is under warranty) or you can buy a new one.

You can buy new Kindle Paperwhite from here --> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQVZDJM?ref_=sd_allcat_k_ods_eink_mt

or from www.amazon.com

When you get the new Kindle, all you have to do is register it with the same Amazon account you used on your old Kindle and you will be able to redownload all your past purchased books without paying again.

Re power adapter or wall adapter, I believe the Kindle Paperwhite doesn't come with one. But you can buy one from here --> http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-PowerFast-Adapter-Accelerated-Charging/dp/B006GWO5WK

You can charge it from wall outlet. You just need the correct adapter, like the one in the above link/site.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.