Rusty Rescue
Rusty Rescue, Technician
Experience:  Android recovery, app specialist, consulting.
63817454

I want to turn a 100 page PowerPoint presentation into a

Customer Question

I want to turn a 100 page PowerPoint presentation into a book. Is there a rapid way to convert to the Type of HTML that will work best for a Kindle book, and can I include Immersion reading in that mode?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help. I've been working with eReaders since their inception over a decade ago. Can you tell me what you've already tried? Also, would you be willing to share the file with me so I can see what we're working with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was asked in the initial page. My description must have been lost, but I answered it somewhat thusly: I want to be able to use the PP images in landscape mode in a Kindle book. I first tried a PDF with images turned sideways. Did not take that any further because the quality was so poor. Then, secondly, I tried saving it as a Web Page and that gave both poor quality and diminished image 1/2 size in the overall blackness and subordinate to a clumsy page indexing. I have done Kindle books before but not from a PowerPoint and not primarily in landscape mode (though perhaps that just rotates out which would be an easy solution).I'll put in the first chapter and see what you think. I do not yet have recorded files to use with the Immersion reading I intend to offer with this.I'll send you one file of the ten chapters, but I assume you have seen PowerPoints before. I am working on Chapter 8 of 10 but I think now is the time to anticipate any problems. You will already see on the second page of this how I should break it into three because of the words involved.
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. I saved your .ppt as a .pdf, and used Calibre to exchange the .pdf for a .mobi file that is readable by Kindle. Is that what you did initially? It seems to work well on my end.

Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Beg your pardon... it was the .azw3 file that worked well, not the .mobi

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't got the slightest idea what the file does, and I can't find a handhold to ask a good question. It doesn't seem to open in my Kindle generator or in Kindle for the PC. I'm going to try it in mobipocket if it will take there. I just don't have time to mess around with all these non-working programs at the moment. Let me try again tomorrow and then you can take your money and stars and I'll try to figure it out over the next two weeks from the rash of mostly useless help books out there. I don't know Calibre but I guess I can find it if that generates a decent Kindle file.
Expert:  Dan T. replied 1 year ago.

Calibre is a moderately good (and free) file converter that moves various file formats to others, including back and forth from Kindle formats (.mobi, .azw, .azw3, etc.). I normally use .azw3 because it adapts to a pretty wide array of formats, styles, fonts, etc. which isn't the case for .mobi, .pdf, or the other compatible formats. Try Calibre and .azw3 format, and let me know how you make out. I'll be here if you need anything. No rush. -Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not even close with Calibre and the file you sent. It cannot be allowed to break the pages apart in that way. Attached is a PDF to Mobi from a PowerPoint. I think I will have to keep it as a bit map (and I may have to redo some pages). Thus my first question becames: Can Kindle just reorient the page to landscape, and the 2nd I asked before: how do I attach sound immersion?
Expert:  Rusty Rescue replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Try this file, does it look ok in Kindle? Right click here and select Save File As...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rusty, thank for getting on to this. I'm not sure how this all should work, but I feel like I am not asking the right questions to get the answers I need to put my PowerPoints into a Kindle. To answer your question, no, it looks nothing like what I would envision a Kindle page (landscape) to look like. The first is your file read in a Kindle Preview and the second is my original the same page. It is becoming clearer that I will need to bitmap each page, I think.

Touch the top of the screen when you have that file open. Touch the menu (the three horizontal lines on the right). Touch Landscape. Does that make it look better?