Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have 2 different set top Andorid TV boxes. Why does one

Customer Question
load way faster than the...
I have 2 different set top Andorid TV boxes. Why does one load way faster than the other?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Unblock Tech Box ----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unblocktech-Gen2-Global-Version-Unblock-TV-Box-JailBreak-Box-Chinese-Channel-/121559982834M8 -----> http://www.amazon.com/M8-Bluetooth-Streaming-Tronsmart-Ethernet/dp/B00JDCO22IThe Unblock Tech box loads a program installed WAY faster than than the M8 set top box. Why?
10/2/2015
Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It's hard to say why one box performs faster than the other. Especially since there are absolutely no meaningful bandwidth or throughput specifications shown for the Unblock Tech box. (The bandwidth on the M8 box is presumably that of the 802.11 a/b/g i.e. Wireless-G at fastest, wifi... or as fast as the Ethernet port on it, which might actually be slower if it is the older type of Ethernet port, known as a 10-Base.)

How do you have the M8 box connected to the source for the program ?

There is an app on both that pick up live streaming content. On the Unblocktech Box, you hit one of the channels and it loads right away... The m8 takes forever.As far as your question, what do you mean "connected to the source for the program ?"Here are the specs:Unblocktech Box:
8 Core ARM-Cortex Cpu 1.5G Hz
Support H.265/HEVC 4K 30fps
ARM Mali series video processor
1GB Memory+ 8GB Flash Rom
Support iOS, Android MIRRORCAST,
Added mobile input IMEM8 Box:
M8 Amlogic S802 Quad Core Android TV Box 2G/8G Mali450 GPU HDMI XBMC Bluetooth 2.4G/5G Dual WiFi DOLBY DTS
Amlogic S802 Quad Core
Octa-core Mali-450MP @ 600MHz
Android 4.4 OS
2G RAM + 8G ROM
2.4G/5G Dual Band WiFi
4K HDMI, Bluetoot
Both boxes are on WiFi.. No eathernet

If they are both using WiFi, are they using the same WiFi router?

And what is the maker and model # ***** that router?

They are on the same wifi router. It is a Verizon Fios wifi box. The specs have nothing to do with why one performs faster?

The specs have nothing to do with why one performs faster?

Not that I can see. Unless your Verizon FIOS box has Wireless-N capability, and that might make the difference between one box and the other, *if* the Unblocktech box has Wireless-N capability too. It's faster than Wireless-G you see... and I think the M8 only has -G capability.

Is there a way to find out which wireless it has (N or G) ?Also, is there much of a difference between the Unblock Tech box, the M8 and this box? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loewtvw8i4QThanks
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/S805-dvb-S2-support-cccam-K1-Quad-core-android-dvb-t2-amlogic-s805-1-8gb-xbmc/32449780919.html?ws_ab_test=201556_8%2C201527_1_71_72_73_74_75%2C0_0&spm=2114.01020208.3.1.TywXka
Sorry.. Posted the wrong URL

Which URL is the wrong one? the YouTube URL, or the aliexpress.com one?

The aliexpress is the right one
Youtube is wrong

Those specs reveal that the box listed on the AliExpress page is Wireless-N.

And thus up-to-about-six-times as fast (often not so much, and of course not so much if not on a Wireless-N-capable router!).

However, if Wireless-G is actually active on the wireless network at the same time, then it limits all wireless devices to Wireless-G speed.

I presume that you did those tests not-at-the-same-time. If you did, and you found they both were about as fast, why there you are: the Unblocktech box is Wireless-N, up to six times as fast as the Wireless-G M8 box.

There's your answer, I think. Please rate my Answer so that this case may be closed - unless you need further details about this question. Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech