Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have not been able to unlock my phone forgotten the

Customer Question

I have not been able to unlock my phone forgotten the password
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model and make of your phone ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sony Xperia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Which exact model number of Xperia ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's a z3
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

When you enter incorrect password ***** multiple times, it will ask for the Gmail account associated with it. Does your phone ask you that ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If it isn't asking for Gmail, then we will have to factory reset the phone using your computer. I will send you the instructions now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it has not asked for gmail I don't use Gmail
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You will have to factory reset the phone using your computer.

Download the "Sony PC companion" software from here --> http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Install it and open it. Click on " Support Zone ", click "Start".

Click "Repair my phone / tablet"
From the list of devices, select the Sony Xperia Z3. If the phone is missing, click "Another phone / tablet"

Review the information and then click "Next" > "Continue"

Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Xperia Z3 to your computer.

If normal repair is not working, then turn the phonbe off. Hold down Volume Key and connect it to your computer and start the repair.

Let me know the results please.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If my solutions didn't work please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until we fix the problem or you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It might take a couple of tries to get it recovered. So keep trying. Let me know how it goes please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Standing by..

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Standing by..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get u later have to leave for work would it be possible to connect then
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Sure. You can get back to me any time you want. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me via that bookmark.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ashik I have tried to follow the instructions but it not working for me and I don't want to damage the phone
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, You will not damage it. It is the official software from Sony.

At which step do you have trouble ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where I had to use a pen or an object to turn off the phone open the part where the sim goes
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Yes, just eject the SIM. See this Youtube video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0QS4faDWbE

Also see this article --> https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-insert-sim-card-into-xperia-z3

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The video is showing how to insert sim or factory reset I need to unlock my password
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

That is only a sample video showing how to insert or remove the sim card. After removing the SIMC you have to follow the remaining steps on your computer.

You can't unlock the password. You have to factory reset the device which will restore it to new erasing everything and this will also remove the password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I don't have a computer only a tablet so I will have to take it to a shop
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I thought you were doing it from your computer. I mentioned it in my previous answer that you have to do this from your computer. I'm sorry, you need a computer to reset it. Sony designed this way to protect your information.

It doesn't allow any one to over ride the password *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok sorry didn't see that no I don't have one if I can use the works one later I will try then let you know
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If your work computer has restricted network or company firewall, then it might not work. But try it. Talk you later.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No problem.