Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Nexus 7 that is totally inoperable. No system

Customer Question

I have a Nexus 7 that is totally inoperable. No system display and even hard start using buttons will not power up recovery. Android figure but no "no command" line appears below the figure
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In other words, your Nexus 7 produces the Android logo / figure, but nothing else happens with it.

Obviously the Android OS is corrupted... and/or, some major device function without which Android OS cannot boot up, is defective damaged inoperative or missing.

Have you tried a hard reset? which wipes all user data off the tablet and reinitializes Android OS to its factory-issued state.

If you have tried it, did it go through or work, at all?

How old is your Nexus 7 tablet?

Has it ever been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shocks?

Has it ever been gotten wet, or been turned On while conditions were at about 90 % humidity or more? has it been powered On at temperatures above about 88 degrees F or below freezing point?