Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S520 has been great until the last

Customer Question

My Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S520 has been great until the last three weeks. I use my android phone as a wifi hotspot. My tablet will no longer pick up my wifi signal, or if it does find it,it kicks it off again. It does this with all wifi signals I have tried. I have been advised by a computer tech that it is a fault which occurred in the last samsung update and that I have to wait for the next samsung update to fix this problem. When is the next update due?? as I'm lost with out my tablet. Ali
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ali, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Galaxy Tab?

Also will it pick up a signal from any other wifi source well?

Thanks Ali.

Tech Mike

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My tablet was purchased in June 2014. By using other wifi sources the same thing happens, either it connects briefly then fails or it wont connect at all.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that.

This is a bad WIFI card in the tablet. Sometimes they will get weak and cause this problem. Usually its a capacitor failing that causes the signal to jump a bit so sometimes you will have good connectivity and other times not so good if at all.

You could replace that with one from a local store or since your tablet is only about a year old, you could try the manufacturer as they may cover this failure?

Its not much over a year old.

If you just want to get a new card or even a USB one you can simply do that check with Best Buy I'm sure they have one that will work perfect for your tablet;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Please Note, I only receive compensation if you rate kindly;-)