Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I dropped my kindle-not hard, just on the carpet from the

Customer Question

I dropped my kindle-not hard, just on the carpet from the chair but the screen is now screwy and i can't seem to get it right. What to do? If i have to buy a new kindle, can all y books be transferred over? Please help as I'm in the iddle of The Nightengale and I need to finish it by Tuesday, 9/16 for book club,
Thanks,
Patty Gazeley
My kindle is registered under Patricia's kindle.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm really sorry about your Kindle. It sounds like the LCD has damaged by the fall. To make sure this is not something else, press and hold down the Power button of the Kindle for 10-20 seconds and this will force reboot it unless it is an hardware issue.

Amazon don't repair or replace the screen. They usually replace the Kindle with a new one (if it is under warranty) or will replace it with a refurbished one for a reduced cost if it is out of warranty. To setup replacement, you have to contact Amazon. Here is the number --> +1(###) ###-####/p>

You can also contact them from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true#b

You have to send it to Amazon. Call Amazon and they will arrange the shipping and send you necessary details.

Or you can also buy a new Kindle if you can't wait until Amazon replace it. Yes, everything is stored on your Amazon account in cloud. When you get a new Kindle, all you have to do is register it with the same Amazon account you used on your old Kindle and everything you purchased can be redownloaded without paying again.

If you have a phone or computer or another tablet there, then you can download Kindle reading app on it and download your books to it.

For PC, you can download Kindle reading application from here --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/kcp-landing-page?ie=UTF8&ref_=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd

If own Android or iPhone, open Play Store or App Store and download Kindle app. Then just register it with your Amazon account and everything can be redownloaded without paying again.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Remember, this is not my final answer. If are not satisfied with my service, please don't rate me bad or poor. Instead please reply back to me and I will continue to help you until you are satisfied. If you are satisfied, please rate me as Good Service or Excellent Service and click Submit.