Josh, Technician
Experience:  Android technician
50836188

I have an aging kindle, not sure what the model name or

Customer Question

I have an aging kindle, not sure what the model name or number is.
Increasingly often, when I turn a page using the lower button on the side, it moves two pages ahead rather than to the next page. This problem started about 3 or 4 months ago, is becoming much more frequent, and is very annoying.
Is it possible to fix? If not I would like to buy a new kindle.
Peter Overmire
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Hi!

If you have a leather case on your Kindle; Please remove it before performing the steps below.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No effect. The problem seems to me to be a mechanical problem rather than a software problem
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Usually the issue is software related and not hardware/mechanical related. The only way to find out is to perform a factory reset on the Kindle and try using it again after the reset. The reset will wipe your Kindle clear but the books will download again after you register the Kindle back to your account.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK it seems to have worked this time. Thank you.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Awesome!

Please take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.