Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a one month old LG L Fino D290N phone. but I live in

Customer Question

I have a one month old LG L Fino D290N phone.
I am English but I live in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands where I bought the phone and it is on contract with Movistar.
My problem is that when my phone rings I can't answer it, it won't stop ringing !! When I try to ring the caller back, it won't do that either, I just get a recorded message in Spanish that goes so fast it's impossible to understand.
This may be something to do with Fixed dialling numbers not being enabled. It tells me that PIN2 is blocked and I need to enter PUK2. I cannot do this. I have a PIN and a PUK on a Movistar card which came with the phone, they don't work and I'm running out of tries. I have no PIN2 or PUK2.
To further complicate things, when I bought the phone at the Movistar shop I was asked for my pin number. I asked if they meant the Movistar pin number from my old phone and they said yes, so I gave it them and they entered it. I don't think they entered the pin from the new card, although it was scratched off, but the PUK number was not scratched off.
Any help you can offer would be so appreciated as I am really worried that I'm going to miss a call from the hospital about a long-awaited hip replacement operation !!
Thank you
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
the PUK codes your cell proivider stores and has.
If you content them for the PUK2 code, are they able to provide this to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does not seem like it, I have text them twice and asked for one and have had no answer at all !!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the only place you can get the code from, it has nothing to do with the phone but is to do with the SIM card and the code they have assigned to you.
you need to tell them to give you the PUK2 code.
Sorry not being difficult but it is the only way to get the code.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought so............and do you think it is all about them having entered the old pin from my old phone in to the new phone in the first place?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, as thats the phones pin itself, this is different this is for the SIM card, so is seperate.
I have marked this question to never close, so any issues just let me know here, this is no problem.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you