Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I have an Amazon account and this is my 3rd Kindle and I

Customer Question

I have an Amazon account and this is my 3rd Kindle and I cannot activate it. It keeps saying that my password ***** to my WiFi connection is incorrect. The password ***** to my WiFi is the only one that was givento me by Comcast. I have a password ***** Amazon. Neither seems to work. I am 87 years old an THIS is too much for me. For heavens sake if this is my 3rd Kindle why can't it be transferred or something like that. I think I will just send it back and forget it!!!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please the make and model of your wifi router.
The problem is your not using the correct password ***** your wifi network, so once we get this it will then function a lot easier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I know the make and model of my router?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
check it please and on a label it will tell you this.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Router says INFINITY When I bought it in 2013 The invoice says "Netgear N600 s/n AB13F
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Is your computer already connected to the wireless network? And if so, which version of windows is it running?