Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have forgotten my passcode To my Asus Tablet.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
8/10/2015
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Android Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you please tell me which model Asus tablet you are using and I can detail how to resolve this for you.
Thank you
All I know is it is an Asus 8 inch android. I got it at Staples and it was $149. The number on the receipt is 886227751921. That might be an item number.
My daughter set a pattern and cannot remember it.
Ok, I believe then its the memo pad 8
What you will have to do is a factory reset of the Tablet
This will remove all data and return the Tablet to new, but this cannot be avoided.
To do the reset, please follow my instructions below
At the beginning switch off the tablet by holding the Power button until it goes completly off
Afterwards press and hold Volume Up + Power at the same time for a couple of seconds.
Release held keys when an Android Icon appears on the screen.
In order to enter the Recovery Mode press and hold the Volume Up for a couple of seconds.
While still holding this key tap and release the Power key (if it's necessary repeat this operation a few times).
Press Volume Down to highlight "wipe data/factory reset", and then push the Power button to confirm.
Select "Yes--delete all user data". Use Volume buttons to scroll and Power key to select.
To restart the tablet, select "reboot system now".
the Tablet will then be reset and you can set it up and use it again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
hi,
I can't get to thsee "wipe data" option. The options I get are:
REBOOT DROIDBOOT
REBOOT
RECOVERY
POWER OFFIf I choose RECOVERY, I get a robot with a red exclamation mark.
Ok, Recovery is what you need, but if you try this a few times, every time the red exclamation mark shows?
I have tried it multiple times. That is what I was doing when I contacted you. Very frustrating. Nothing that is posted on the web works. :-(
Any other suggestions?
My apologies, I was away for a few days by the time you replied.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery completion, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the asus to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Richard, Android Specialist