Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have an android phone and I can't seem to figure out how

Customer Question
Hi - I have an...
Hi - I have an android phone and I can't seem to figure out how to connect my blue tooth device to my phone. I have an LG S4 and I'm trying to connect to a Braven speaker unit.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
8/8/2015
Android Device Expert: arsufi2002, Hobbyist replied 2 years ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Hobbyist

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Please let me know when you are ready

Hello sir,

Are you still there

Yes - did you get that last msg?

No, What is it?

DO you read me, sir

I'm sorry just answer keeps f**king up. Everytime I hit reply it sends to oblivion...

Lets start. Please reply to this

Ok last time...

I have powered up and paired my Bravera speaker unit.

I have selected the bravera unit from my bluetooth drop down on my phone.

ok, what happened then?

there's a confirmation tone from the unit. Then when I go to Pandora it asks me to again find device and gets hung up spinning on "Searching for device.."

ok, Lets do it once again

1: This time you may unpair Braven speaker device from Bluetooth paired device

2: After unpair > Turn oFF Bluetooth

3: Turn Braven speaker in discovery mode

4: Turn on LG Bluetooth and search for Bluetooth speaker

5: Pair once when found and seeif it works

ok trying that now

ok

still nothing...pandora is still in connect to device mode

Have you unpaired device?

yes...i unpaired, powered down, powered up, paired, selected on LG...seems connected...then when I go to Pandora no sound comes out and there's a device connect button on Pandora which I then hit, and it goes to endless loop

Does it play music from local file

I mean music file from local storage

I mean music file from local storage

Lets see mobile plays local sound file via Bluetooth

I tried to play local sound off local video...not playing

Can you just tell me how you have unpaired speaker from Mobile

when I turn off the speaker, the blue tooth light on my phone goes from blue to white. Then when I turn the speaker back on, its not paired and I pair it, then select it on LG and the bluetooth symbol goes blue again and says its connected.

ok, Do this way...

1: Turn off speaker

2: Come back to Bluetooth section in Mobile, There you can see your Bluetooth speaker name which you are have already paired. Now Very Right to Bluetooth speaker name there is settings icon > Click on it > This bring you bluetooth device options > there you can see an option to unpair current bluetooth device. You may unpair it. Once you unpair, the device name gets vanished

3: Now Turn Braven speaker in discovery mode and search for Bluetooth speaker

4: Pair once when found

Note: Make sure you performed step two as said

Well that was interesting! Now its telling me that I cannot pair with this device, try again later!

Now tell me how to put Braven speaker unit on discovery mode

Huh? Press the the triangle button

Sorry, I'm just studying you...

Press it for 5sec, check if LED lit fast as its the symbol of discovery mode

Then scan for new device in mobile and pair

If you don't mind, would you share the Braven speaker unit model

Braven BRV-X

Here's a wierd thing, I got a call coming in and when I answered, the voice came through the Braven. And not only could I hear the voice ok, but Pandora was playing in the background! And when the person hung up, everything shut off.

Unfortunately I have to go. If you make a some suggestions, just leave them and I'll be sure to click on excellent.

Press Triangle button for 4 sec, you will hear a sound and that time you can search for Bluetooth Speaker in mobile

For more Info: Please see first section of video (0-47sec)

Please update status

Hello sir,

Didn't find you back..

Would you please update status

Thanks

HI Fiyaz,

This is very frustrating, just the communications part, not your fault, not mine, just answer is a little glitchy. For example, I wrote a long msg just now and hit reply,,, and it disappears. You don't get it, I don't see it in the the thread. If you want to finish this...contact me at***@******.***.

Dear sir,

Thanks for your reply. I will be pointing this issue to my developers.

Since we have this issue ongoing, i shall opt out to some other techs who support phone calls. You can work with them.

I am opting out.

Thanks and have a great day..

Got it. Give me a final answer so I can get you credit for the effort.

Android Device Expert: Randy Boman, Technician replied 2 years ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Follow these steps please on your Android phone> connect to wifi then Pandora>

1. At the Home screen, touch the Apps icon.

2. Open the Settings app.

3. Ensure that the Wi-Fi master control icon is on.

If not, slide the master control from Off to On to activate the phone’s Wi-Fi radio.

If you’ve already configured your phone to connect to an available wireless network, it’s connected automatically. Otherwise, you have to connect to an available network,

Signing in with an existing Pandora account:
Tap 'I have a Pandora account,' then enter the email address and password ***** used to register with Pandora. (If you do not know your password, tap 'I forgot my password.' You will receive a password-reset email to your registered Pandora email address.)

Signing in without an existing Pandora account:
Tap 'I am new to Pandora.' Fill in all required fields, check acknowledgment of our terms of service, and tap 'Create Account Now.'
Create Station
From the Now Playing screen, go to the Station List by touching the back arrow in the upper left (near the Pandora icon) and selecting Stations.

Tap "Create a New Station" at the top of that screen. You can then type the name of an artist or song in the text box. The search should auto-complete; however, you can also press the magnifying glass on the keyboard once you're done typing to find a list of relevant artists and songs.

Also, from the initial search screen you can view and select our curated genre stations. Instead of typing out an artist or song in the search box, tap on the "Browse Genre Stations" option that appears underneath it.

You can also create a new station from the song or artist currently playing on the Now Playing screen. Tap the album artwork to view the track details, and tap the plus sign just below the album title. You can then choose to create a new station from the currently playing song or artist.
Back To Top

Edit Stations
You can edit stations on your Android device by accessing the Station Details screen for the station you wish to edit.

From the Station List, you can find Station Details for the currently playing station by tapping the three dots next to the station name. To edit your other stations, touch and hold the station name until a context menu appears, then select Station Details.
You can also edit the currently playing station from the Now Playing screen by tapping the thumb symbol in the top right corner of the screen.

To remove seeds from your station, tap the three dots to the right of the seed name. To add new artist or song seeds, select “Add Variety” located at the bottom of your list of seeds.

If you want to edit the station name or description, scroll to the bottom and tap the pencil to the right of the station name.
Back To Top

Edit Shuffle
You can edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List. From the Now Playing screen, you can go to the Station List by touching the back arrow in the upper left (near the Pandora icon).

Press and hold the "Shuffle" option at the top of your Station List. Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, the stations currently being mixed in your Shuffle will show up with check boxes. You can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.

Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

My pandora works fine, ie. it works through the phone speakers with no problems. The problem is getting it through the bluetooth device.

The weird thing is this...when I connect and pair with my bluetooth speaker device (bravera brx) and when someone calls in, I can hear them through the device. So the phone audio works, its just the media audio that does not. Local media does not, internet media does not.

I have to leave for about 2 hours. I'll look for your suggestions then.

I installed the app...same problem. When I first got the bluetooth device about a month ago it worked. I didn't use it and now I'm having this problem...I know its some toggled setting somewhere.

okay, sorry about that. I will check on another solution and get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

ok, no worries on patience! Also, we used another brand new phone and had the exact same problem trying to hear local audio.

I am out of ideas> I will open the question and let the other experts take a look at it. Thank you for your patience.

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician