Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My phone willnot turn on at all

Customer Question

my phone willnot turn on at all
Category: Android Devices
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is a Samsung zte
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check that the battery is charged. Charge it up for longer than 2 hours continuously, then try again. Also, if the charger is the type that plugs into the phone, rather than the type that requires the battery be removed from the phone for charging, see if the phone will turn On and work OK when the charger is attached to it - if it will, don't run it for long that way, but if it works that way for a few minutes, then the battery is bad, quite simply, and would need replacing for the phone to work normally again.

If it does not turn On even when plugged in to the charger, then let me know how old it is, measured from its date of purchase.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Purchased June last year can get u exact date it needed battery in when charging battery good stuck in another phone number it turned it on swapped battery not neither will turn it on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to retrieve my contacts not texts

Your account is not clear to me.

Does it turn On, with the battery still in it, when connected to the charger?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No red light just blinks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Only when plugged in nothing when unplugged

If it was purchased in June of last year, its warranty has expired, unfortunately.

If you have Google Contacts, then your contacts are, most likely, stored on Google's servers, not just on your phone, and thus would not need recovering from it.

Does your phone have a memory card inserted in it?

Was the phone gotten wet, or damp? was it used in very hot (95 degrees F. or higher) or very cold (below freezing point) circumstances? was it dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock against a hard surface?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did not have google contacts and the phone worked great that night then plugged it in and a\it did not work in morning
I'm sorry to hear that.
I am afraid I have nothing left to suggest except that the phone is 'broken' and needs repairing. If the contacts aren't on a memory card, and aren't backed up in any form anywhere else, they may perhaps be lost.
However another Expert may have the solution you need, so I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts (but not cutting off communication with you. And getting another Expert's opinion or suggestions will not involve any additional charges.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know thanks
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you tried a different charger? Have you tried a different battery?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried both
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
That is not good as that most likely means you have a bad board. You can not recovery anything without replacing that part. What provider did you get it and cell service from? Some offer repair services.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Straight talk no repairs
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You would have to change the board yourself then. As I mentioned since you already ruled out the charger and battery the only way to get it working enough to back anything up is to fix it. You did not give the full model number but from what I can see from straight talk it is probably a zte max. The board that normally causes this is the logic board which you can get here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-BOOST-MOBILE-ZTE-MAX-N9520-REPLACEMENT-8GB-LOGIC-BOARD-MOTHERBOARD-GOOD-ESN-/331532499334?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
When removing the cover and battery there are some tiny screws you would need a precision screw driver set to remove. The clipped connections come out easily just go slow.
Any local electronics repair shop should be able to do this as well but larger shops like Best Buy will not do this type of repair. You would want to look for smaller shops, some computer repair shops will do it as well.
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Going to try this later today I'll let u know thank you
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.
.