Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

My son's LG phone which is 2 years old has just stopped

Customer Question

My son's LG phone which is 2 years old has just stopped working.we can't charge it, we've taken the battery out and put it back in but it won't work. The screen Is black and there's no audio. It's just dead.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
What I would suggest doing is getting a brand-new battery and inserting that in its race. The reason is that these batteries do fail over time and a battery, even if it's not being used, will fail over about the same time. – In fact it may fail somewhat sooner if it goes flat. When the battery goes flat and reaches a fully discharge state – 0 V – it can no longer be charged by a smart charger. It needs that minimal charge to be able to communicate with the charger. You can sometimes get by that if you connected to the USB port on your computer and leave it overnight. The reason for that is the USB port trickles out a small amount of energy – 500 mA – well below what you would normally be charging the phone with, but it is not a "smart charger". So it will provide the power and trickle charge it whether it things the battery is good or bad. If that doesn't work then I would go the route of just replacing them with a brand-new battery. I do believe that will work for you but if it doesn't then the problem is more serious. Let me know if you have any questions.