Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My asus vivotab smart said it need to shut down to update and

Customer Question
restart but after shutting down...
my asus vivotab smart said it need to shut down to update and restart but after shutting down it will not restart, any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
7/31/2015
Android Device Expert: Michael Hannigan, Developer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Unfortunately, this is a common problem not just with these tablets but many of the Asus tablets and even of some other manufacturers tablets. Overall Asus is a very good brand. The first thing you should check is your warranty because if it still under warranty you can send it to them the fix. If it's not, then I would consider trying any fixes that you might be able to employ yourself. The first thing I do since you already shut it down in turn it back on is to do a complete reset of the in vivo tab. I don't believe you mentioned the model number but it does sound like you have pin type reset button. I would try that once again and if you haven't, press it in and hold it for at least 30 seconds. The other thing to try is related to the battery. It is possible that the battery has failed – it does happen over time and their may be a way you can get back to working normally without even having to replace it. For example if the battery ran flat down below where it would normally dissipate its electrical charge, it will not charge in and "intelligent" charger. The reason is the cause if there's not enough voltage for to get the readings it can't and it simply won't charge it. So what you can do is plug the tablet into the USB port of a regular computer and leave it like that overnight. The reason the sometimes works is because a USB port is a very low current charger that does not need the features of a quick charger. So it simply allows the 500 mA to trickle into the battery. In other words it doesn't do a judgment on whether the battery is good or not before tries to charge it. And doing that overnight should be enough to get it back up and running if the problem was the battery. And once you do that, you may not even have to replace the battery because it doesn't necessarily mean the battery is bad just that it ran completely flat. Let me know you make out. Paragraph that appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. Thank you. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer