Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have a coby kyros tablet model mid1045. it has a freeze of

Customer Question
the android screen. it just...
i have a coby kyros tablet model mid1045. it has a freeze of the android screen. it just kept showing the word android, I did a factory reset and now it will only show the coby screen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
7/27/2015
Android Device Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
It sounds to me as if your Coby device is, unfortunately, broken.
And there is worse news: Coby Electronics is out of business. Their website is pretty much defunct also. There may be no recourse for such a problem.
However, if you take it to a good shop, they may be willing to work on it, though it is a product of a defunct name.
Ok. Oh well it was a work gift for 30 yrs of service..lol
Thanks anyway. Cost me 26 dollars to get this answer. Crud.
Laura
I'm sorry that the answer was not better nor more upbeat. I thought it as well to give the bad news first. I really have no more bad news about the problem you are asking about.
What is your local zip code? you might - once I have that information and get listings for shops local to you - contact them and ask
1. do they service and fix Coby -made tablets?
2. if yes, then what charge would they estimate for repair-servicing on a Coby tablet with [the problem you have already described] ?
I was just doing that. Thanks for the advice.
Laura
I'm please if the advice helped any, and if I may offer any further advice, let me know.
Please rate my Answer - or Reply letting me know what rating you would apply to my work, please. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.
Russell H., Service Tech