Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have a Kindle Paper which is about two years old--in fact

Customer Question
I have a Kindle Paper...
I have a Kindle Paper White which is about two years old--in fact I have two. Yesterday the battery was low on one and so I went thru the normal recharging. When I checked on it, the screen showed the outline of a large battery and underneath it the USB cord plug end pointing toward a "electrical" zigzag--seemingly indicating I need to charge the battery, duh? But it won't take a charge. I have tried to totally turn it off with and without it being plugged in. Still get the same screen. What is wrong with it. By the way I use it a lot, so it hasn't just been sitting around. Thank you very much, Sandi
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/17/2015
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Android Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and charge it.
Let me know the results please
Thank you
Tried that, but Kindle won't turn on. Still get the "battery" screen and the on/off light is still orange.
ok, leave it charged for 10 minutes, then repeat my instructions again.
Let me know the results please
Richard, I left it on charge overnight and still got the "battery" screen. Is it kaput? Sandi
Sorry, you mean last night you did the instructions I gave Sandi?
No, I mean that I did turn it off last night (or tried to--held the button down for at least 30 seconds or more) and left it on charge all night. I am Sandi.
Thanks Sandi, then it confirms the problem
It is the internal mainboard or battery that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. There is no other things that can impact this as the devices are so simple.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindleto have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Thank you
I need to get in touch with Amazon then? Thanks for your help.
sorry, as you will need to have it replaced.
Richard, Android Specialist