Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How to unlock Perso lock?

ok, you will need to contact them and request that the phone is unlocked.

Read full interaction below »

Question

How do I get my Sim card out of perso locked status?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, can you give a little more information please?
You mean the perso is saying the SIM is locked? Are you offered to enter a Pin
Has it worked before in this phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My phone is a Kyocera hydro icon C6730 and it is saying that my phone is perso locked when I put in a new sim card from T-Mobile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is with boost Mobile from the start
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just switched to T-Mobile
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this means the phone is locked to the original phone provider, which is why it will not connect and locks
Which provider was the phone originally with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Boost Mobile
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to call the number 1-888-BOOST-4U (1- 888- 26678- 48) and request the phone to be unlocked.
Once this is done it will then work on the T-Mobile network (or actually any network) but it has to be unlocked by boost first
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will connect to web browser and text like I am doing right now I just can't make calls
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
this is because it uses wifi for that, but it needs to be unlocked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sir
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the unlock code from boost Mobile and I need to know what steps to take to get the phone unlocked
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok sorry, you only said the phone was locked, nothing about getting a code ect.... which is why I spent the time typing out all the instructions.
If you have the code..
1. Insert a SIM card not from the current network. IE the phone is not locked to.
2. Turn the phone on
3. If prompted, enter the PIN number of the SIM card. (Assuming one has been setup)
4. The phone should then prompt you for an unlocking code.
5. Enter the unlocking code.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The phone tells me that I have an invalid sim
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, Factory reset the phone then. This will remove all data (photo, contacts ect) and return the phone to new, but we need to do this to rule out the firmware as the issue.
To do this
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume down and Power key.
When the phone vibrates, release the Power key.
When the Android recovery screen appears, release the Volume down key.
Press the Volume down key until wipe data/factory reset is selected, then press the Power key.
Press the Volume down key until Yes - erase all user data is selected, then press the Power key.
Press the Volume down key until reboot system now is selected, then press the Power key.
The phone shuts down and restarts.
Then try to unlock it please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok after doing all your steps and thank-you !! the phone is still saying invailed sim
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then it points to a faulty SIM or the SIM card reader on the phone has faulted, we have ruled out firmware as the cause.
I advise you contact AT&T and have them send you out a new SIM as it will either be this or the actual sim port on the phone that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you mean I should contact T-Mobile ?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Correct, T-Mobile and tell them you are getting a Sim invalid error, and you have reset the phone. They will then send out a new SIM card to you