Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My touch screen does not work on my PanDigtal Novel Multimedia

Customer Question

My touch screen does not work on my PanDigtal Novel Multimedia Novel-7 Android Tablet and eReader.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Unfortunately, when a touch-screen goes 'dead', there is usually very little you can do.
Especially if the device has been dropped or gotten wet or gotten hot, or been subjected to sub-freezing temperatures for any period of time, it is probably simply that the touch-screen is 'broken'.
But in any case, if it does not come back to working condition when you turn the device Off for awhile, it will presumably need a choice between repair and replacement.
And let me advise you, though I'm sorry to say it: self-repair of a touch-screen that has failed, even if you go to the length of replacing the screen as a unit, can often go bad. It's a delicate operation, and has to be done with cleanliness and precision; It's best to turn it over to a specialist, which will cost not too much more and be less risky as to the outcome.
Let me know how old the Novel tablet is, whether it has been well-cared-for, and how you would like to proceed, and I will advise you further as appropriate.