Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Android-14c0ff033662d489 is the mac address showing up on

Customer Question
android-14c0ff033662d489 is the mac address showing...
android-14c0ff033662d489
is the mac address showing up on my network
my friend said its her tablet
but I don't know if this is true
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
6/10/2015
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Android Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Whats the make and model of her tablet?

I don't know the make and model its showing up on my network through Comcast.

ok, it is An Android device of some kind, and only people with your wireless password ***** connect.
Does your friend know your wireless password?

yes she does know my wireless password *****

my question is ...is this really a correct mac address for this device.

when I look it up its unable to identify the device

I cant say as Mac addresses are specific to each device (unique).
If I know the make and model of it I could tell you how to check Kim and then we know this.
It is A Mac address of a device, and everything points to her device unless you have given the password ***** your wireless to someone else and they are there right now connecting.
that has nothing at all to do with this Kim.
If you tell me the make and model of the Tablet, I can tell you how to check for the Mac address and then you can confirm.
usually you can via these methods
On the Home screen, tap the Menu button and go to Settings.
Tap About Phone.
Tap Status.
Scroll down to see your WiFi MAC address.
Or,
Tap About Phone.
Tap Hardware information.
Or,
On the Home screen, press the Menu key and select Settings.
Settings
Now select Wireless and network.
Wireless and Networks
Select WiFi Settings. You will find the MAC address under the Advanced section.

it says Samsung tablet

I don't have the device in front of me

ok, then if you do the instructions I gave, that shows the Mac Address
From a home screen, tap Apps (located in the upper right).
Home screen with Apps
From the All tab, tap Settings.
Settings
Tap About tablet.
About tablet
Tap Status.
Status
But if only she has the password ***** it will be here, or someone else within 50 feet of you with an android device if they have your password ***** wifi.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

so I do this from my computer? right?

No, on the Tablet itself as your finding out its Mac Address

I do not have access to her tablet.

I am the admin for my Comcast wifi. I often review it and as I was reviewing I see who is on my network. I did in fact give her my password ***** she can log on...but what IM trying to figure out is what device is this. she claims this is her device but I am unsure that it truly is. when I look up the mac address for the deviice it does not come up correctly

The only way to find out is to use the instructions I gave, on her device, to check the Mac address.
Richard, Android Specialist