Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Developer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Android Expert.
23511658

How do I connect my new Samsung Galaxy s5

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.
There are couple of things you need to do this. The Sim card from AT&T of course. This is how they provision your service. The S5 phone must either be from AT&T, or it must be unlocked for use on the AT&T network. All GSM phones are initially locked when sold by carrier and then you have the ability to unlock them once the contract with that carrier has been fulfilled.
There is really nothing you should have to do to set up for use other than putting in the Sim card and turning it on. What I would suggest doing is contacting AT&T and making sure they have the correct Sim card number and the correct phone provision for service. It sounds to me like they do not have one of those pieces of information. The Sim card number is ***** directly on the Sim card in the IMEI number from the phone which they will probably ask for is in the settings and then about phone and then status. Let me know if you still have questions.