Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I have kindle fire hd from amazon model no p48wvb4. My 2 yr old son wa…

Customer Question
i have kindle fire hd...
i have kindle fire hd from amazon model no p48wvb4. My 2 yr old son was messing with the other day and accidentially enabled the pin code and now Iam locked out do you know how to get past that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/4/2015
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Android Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
The only way is to reset the Kindle which removes the code and returns it to new.
To do this, enter the code in incorrectly until it asks if you want to reset it.
Say yes, let it reset and you can then register the Kindle and access your books again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Ok, I have made this offer to you id you want me to call as its an extra cost.
Else we continue here
that didn't work richard after I entered my password ***** 5 times it says you have incorrectly typed your pin 5 times try again in 30 seconds.
If its the Kindle fire it would work.
Enter an incorrect password ***** PIN (at least characters in length) five times.
You will be prompted to reset your device or wait 30 seconds to try again.
Tap Reset to reset your device to factory defaults.
So you got the 30 second wait but you must have missed the request to reset the Kindle.
Try it again please
not happening richard not it says I have typed my pin incorrectly 10 times and to try again in 30 seconds
ok, very strange.
Can you type in
resetmykindle
as the password
no there is only a numeric key pad
ok, then attempt to unlock it via your computer by doing the following please
On your computer or mobile device, go to Manage Your Content and Devices, and then select Your Devices.
https://www.amazon.com/mycd00
From the list of devices registered to your Amazon account, select your Fire Tablet.
Select the Device Actions drop-down menu, and then select Remote Lock.
Enter and then confirm a new password ***** PIN, and then select Lock Device.
From your Fire Tablet, tap Unlock Device.
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen to unlock your device. Enter your lock screen password ***** PIN that you just set via the computer, and then tap OK.
Let me know the results please
sorry richard didn' t get a chance to register the device only had it 2 days before this happend . anything else?
I feel that I am not satisfied with your answer so I am not paying you at this time.
You would not be able to use the device if you had not registered it.
yes you can you can skip this step it says on the screen and remind me later
Then my initial instructions will work, its the only way to unlock it.
sorry richard not trying to ruin your night but it isn't working
Your not ruining it, but they are the only instructions to reset it.
Its the only way and works with every customer I have.
every customer but me you guys aren't stealing my money either I not happy with the answer so I am calling my bank to have them stop and or dispute that payment
Richard, Android Specialist