Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a kindle hdx 8.9hd and would like to use its 4g ability

Customer Question

I have a kindle hdx 8.9hd and would like to use its 4g ability with my laptop as well. The kindle is using a verizon account sim card. how would I connect my pc to some 4g lte action?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
If your firmware supports it and your data plan then
Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Wireless.
Tap Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Next to Wi-Fi Hotspot, tap On. The Wi-Fi Hotspot icon will appear in the Status Bar.
To set up a secure hotspot and enable password ***** tap Configure Hotspot.
Tip: From here, you can change name of your hotspot and how it will appear to others.
You may connect up to five Wi-Fi-capable devices to the Wi-Fi hotspot. To connect a device to your Fire Tablet hotspot:
Turn on Wi-Fi on the device that you want to connect to your hotspot.
Your Fire Tablet (or the hotspot name if you have set one up) should show up as an available Wi-Fi network, to which you can connect your device.
If you have set up a password, you will be prompted to enter the password ***** connect to your Fire Tablet hotspot.
Your device will then get its internet via the Kindle
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you