Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

Used Send to kindle to send txt file. But, cloud did not send…

Customer Question
used Send to kindle to...
used Send to kindle to send txt file. But, cloud did not send back to my kindle paperwhite
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
6/1/2015
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Android Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Sorry I am trying to understand the issue you are having. Is it that you are now getting a Kindle cloud drive full message, you signed up for unlimited storage but it is still full?

i have not check my kindle cloud drive yet. but, i used "send to kindle" feature to send txt file to cloud. I usually will send the file back to my kindle within 5 minutes. but, this time, nothing comes back from cloud

Thank you
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and send it again and tell me if it now comes please.
Let me know the results please
Thank you

i tried use "send to kindle

i sent three files to cloud using "send to kindle" feature. two files back to my kindle, but one did not

It is likely the file that did not is not compatible
What type of file did not make it

helleo richard, are you there

yes, and I just replied to your Jeffrey
I will repeat it
What type of file did not make it

txt file. but, the other two came back also txt files. they are all txt files

how exactly are you sending to Kindle

can we talk on the phone?

No sorry Jeffrey as I am about to sign off till Wednesday
Can this wait till then or you would like another expert?

I want to talk to someone know about Kindle

no problem, sorry I am just out of time, I will now opt out for another expert to take over.
Android Device Expert: Jason Jones, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Customer Service

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
Are you 'sending to kindle' from your computer, your email, or from another android device?
I look forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

from my computer, by right click the file, then click "send to kindle"

Thank you for the update.
I see that you sent 3 items to your Kindle, but only 2 came through.
May I ask for the size of the text file that didn't send?

120 kb

May I ask for the filename of the problem text file?
You may wish to change the name of the text file to something short. An example would be: file.txt
After you rename it, try and 'send it to Kindle' once more. What were the results this time?
Jason Jones, Customer Service