Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer & part of the Cyanogen Development Team
57442719

I wanted to change the expiry date on the mastercard used

Customer Question

i wanted to change the expiry date on the mastercard used for my kindle book purchases from 03/15 to 03/18 but am going round in circles...the 'edit payment method' refuses to let me change the existing (expired) date or accept a new card using the same
card number but with an 03/18 expiry date . very frustrating !you will understand that paying twice for what didn't work the first time would seem a little like double-dipping.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, No worries. You don't have to pay again. I will help you with it. Can we do a screenshare session, so I can remotely connect to your computer (with your permission) and directly help you to change the card details while you watch. This is quick and one time session
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes Ashik , sorry to be such a pain in the ass over this and will be pleased to do a screenshare.(incidently i'm told that my new expiry date has been accepted but the kindle itself say update !!! thanks again john m
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Just de register your Kindle and register it again.
In Kindle, tap the Menu and then tap Settings. Tap Registration. In the Deregister Your Kindle message, tap Deregister.
Then re-register it again. This will reflect the cc update on it. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,Ashik worked perfectly. owe you a favour sometime regards *****
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Glad you got it worked :)
If you have got charged anything additional, please contact***@******.*** for refund of that amount.
Have a great day,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You too,Ashik Thanks again *****
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
No problem