Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

In the "WiFi Networks page I have a tick next to a Network

Customer Question

In the "WiFi Networks page I have a tick next to a Network and a full 3 bars of signal strength. At the top of the screen the signal strength only shows one dot (bar) and the kindle cannot download a new book.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
When did this problem start ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
two weeks ago
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Does it works with other WiFi network ? Have you tried that ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
We may need to re-stablish the WiFi connection. First we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down (or slide) the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.
If that didn't work, then tap the Quick settings button on the top right and select WiFi. Select your WiFi network and click Forget network. Then reconnect to it.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did all of that before contacting you
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Have you tried it with different Wifi network ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried a different wifi network. Same result
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
It could be an hardware issue. I want you to factory reset your Kindle. If this is software related, factory reset will fix the problem. After factory reset, you can register it with the same Amazon account to redownload your books.
Can you try that please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everything you have suggested to date was done prior to me contacting this help line.
It is obvious you are fishing without much idea as to what the solution could be.
Let's terminate this correspondence
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
You have never mentioned that in the Already Tried section of your question. All you said is "rebooting" in your question. That is why I had to start from basic steps.
Since I couldn't solve your problem, you can contact***@******.*** for refund. Sorry I couldn't solve your problem. Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.
Have a great day,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
True but since my initial enquiry I have been on google to ask what other users have experienced
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ok I understand. Not sure if you tried factory reset but try it. It might not work, but it is worth a try.
Best Regards,