Android Devices

Android questions? Ask Android device experts for answers ASAP

I cannot configure at&t email address to my Samsung s5

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Android Devices
5/29/2015
Android Device Expert: Ashik, Android Tech replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Android Tech
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What is the suffix of your email address ? like @yahoo.com etc
What is the full email address or the address that comes after @ part? Different email address have different server settings. I will sent you the correct instructions with correct sever settings. Let me know the email address first
***@******.***
Ashik, when I attempt to connect....I keep getting the message "not connect to the server". I called AT&T support and they coould not assist me in getting my email address up and running on my phone. Had I new it would be this much trouble with AT&T...I would have kept internet with Comcast.
What you want do is, do a manual setup in Email app. Then use the following servers and ports if asked.
Incoming server -> inbound.att.net
Incomding port -> 995
Outgoing server -> outbound.att.net
Outgoing port -> 465
Make sure you enter your full email address as username and enter your email password ***** password.
Select POP or POP3 account if asked. If asked for SSL, enable it. If that didn't work, then try disabling it.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
ok...I will give it a try. Email app? where do I find that
The application you are setting up the account with.
I found the email app...Thanks for not answering my question "where do I find the Email App". The mail app envelop is there but no emails...message "you may have emails that have not yet been retrieved from the server"? I just want my emails to flow to my telephone just like my comcast emails would do.
that's not working.....
Sorry, By Email, I mean the application you are setting up the email account. Sorry for the confusion.
I want you to add the AT&T account to that Email app with the server details I sent.
Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email.
Enter your full email addres then tap Next.
As soon as the device verifies the server settings, the Account Options page opens. Select the options for how you want to receive your mail, and then tap Next. Use Manual settings.
Use the server details I sent you.
Let me know how it goes please.
Open Play Store, download this application - Aqua Mail.
Open Aqua Mail and can you setup your AT&T account there ? (use manual setup)
If you want a smooth email account, then I'd recommend to register an account with Gmail --> www.gmail.com
It is fully compatible with Android as it is from Google so do Android. You will never have any issues with Gmail.
when I try to add my new email address the old comes up and I cannot change it. I went to Samsung and changed it there, but apparently it did not take on my phone.
Goto Settings > Accounts and delete the old AT&T account from there. Then add it again.
Also, can you download Aqua Mail from Play Store and try to setup your account on that app ?
Can we please continue this later ? I have to leave urgently and I will be back in an hour. When I get back, I will walk you through it to setup properly.
keep asking to confirm my old comcast password....okay...will talk to you later. just shoot me an email when you ready to resume
I will. Thank you for your patience
Hi there, I'm back. Let me know when you are online.
I'm online...I tried everything you told and still no luck. I cannot create a yahoo account until I get home. Due to the firewalls here at work...will not allow me to access.
I still cannot delete or erase the "comcast email account from my Samsung Galaxy S5. I followed all of Samsung's advice, but to no
I cannot erase the email address I initially set up with my Samsung account.
Sorry for the delay. You need a connection without firewall filter.
Open Email. The Email screen will open. In the Email screen, bring up the settings menu and tap Accounts. The Accounts screen will open. Tap and hold down your account and click Remove Account option.
If it still not allowing you to remove, then you have to setup another Gmail or Yahoo account, then you will be able to delete the old account.
Some firewalls block certain email servers, but allow certain servers like Gmail, Yahoo etc.
Can you create a Yahoo/ Gmail account when you get home and setup it on your phone and then delete the other account ?
You don't need to enter the server address of Yahoo manually like AT&T
Ashik, Android Tech