AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Technician
Experience:  Over two decades of experience in electronics, including teaching for 5 years.
24991566

Need someone to repair a kindle 3.

Customer Question

Need someone to repair a kindle 3.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 2 years ago.
Is it cracked or won't turn on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it will turn on but a panel appears on the bottom of the screen titled "find" and letters and numbers appear in the panel. the pages won't advance properly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is not cracked or damaged - might just be a battery. it is 2 years old.
Try resetting it by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds. Let me know if it still won't operate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rebooted it again - had before - still has the problem.
You are unable to select any menu item or do anything else with the Kindle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All of the functions work except this panel appears at the right bottom of all pages that is identified as "find", all kinds of letters and numbers appear and keep changing, and then the controls to advance or back up the pages will not work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Are you able to perform a factory reset? This will put it back into its original state. You'll have to re-establish your wifi connection and register it with Amazon again, but then you will gain access to all of your previous purchases. This will tell you if it is indeed broken.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to fix this kindle with kindle support and was not able to fix it, so I purchased a new kindle and registered it. I really do not like the new one so I am trying again to fix the old one. Now I do not know how to go back to it and do what you are suggesting. Can you help? Can we connect by phone? I am at(###) ###-####or give me your phone and I will call you. I will pay you. Or tell me more this way what to do.
The factory reset is under "device" in your menu. You may have to select "more" to see that menu. If it still doesn't function, the only thing I can recommend is contacting Kindle Support again. They used to allow trade ins or would sell a refurbished one to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK.
;-)