Richard, Android Specialist
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Note 2 touch screen stopped working

Customer Question

Note 2 touch screen stopped working
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs the problem it does not turn on at all? Or you get an error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The phone turns on and the main menu and volume and on off buttons work but the touch screen will not work at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank youCan you power off the Note.Remove the battery and wait 10 minutesThen connect the battery, turn it on and tell me if the screen now functions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you power off the Note.Hold the Volume UP and Power button and keep holding it until you get a menu. Tell me if you can get to this menu please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I get no menu, just power off options or volume control
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to first power it off. Then Hold the Volume UP and Power button and keep holding it until you get a menu.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did power it off, it just turns on and gives volume and power options
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only way I can power it off is to take out the battery
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then we will need to reset the Note. Its going to remove all data and return it to new, but there is no way to avoid this sorry. To do the reset, power it off by removing the battery then putting it back in againTo do the reset, power it off by removing the battery then putting it back in againPress and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up keyHome keyPower key. When 'GALAXY Note II' appears on the screen, release the Power key but continue to press and hold theVolume Up key and the Home key.When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.Press the Volume down key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'Press Power button to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight 'delete all user data.'Press Power button to select and start the master reset. When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.Press the Power key to turn the restart the device.Then setup the Note and tell me please if the screen is now responding
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still doesn't work
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did it actually perform the reset? Its at the setup screen now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes asking for language and I can't select anything
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank, that confirms the problem sorry, It is the Digitizer or mainboard that has faulted (hardware fault). A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out now.I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the note to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you