ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a question and it means a lot to me if I can

Customer Question

Hi Eric,
I have a question and it means a lot to me if I can get this doubt of mine cleared.
I am being harassed by an unknown person who uses a messaging app called watsapp to put obscene profile pics of a third person & the police is troubling me assuming I have been using the watsapp account. ( though in reality i do not own the ph no. & i do not own the watsapp account in question nor have i ever seen or used it)
My question - can my android device be so hacked that the mischief maker somehow uses the same wifi (ip) that i connect to, through a way of hacking my phone?
Is that possible?
I recently found two suspicious text scripts in the files folder of my ph. One said affletrakersdk.txt and had a text line saying " push callsenderid ()" . Could this mean i am hacked?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Eric is currently offline.I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 years ago.
Yes, in theory your Android device could be hacked, however it is extremely unlikely.The hacker would need direct access to install malicious files on your phone, or they would need to trick you into doing it.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 years ago.
To be certain that you are not hacked, you can reset your device to its original factory settings.This will remove any malicious content.If the problem ceases after resetting your device (or leaving the device powered off for a length of time) then you will know that the device was likely hacked.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 years ago.
However, it is more likely that the person is "spoofing" your IP address somehow, to make it seem as if the messages are coming from you.