Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My Kindle Fire HDX froze ~ I cant turn it off or on I just

My Kindle Fire HDX froze...
My Kindle Fire HDX froze ~ I can't turn it off or on I just see the top line - my name the time it froze and the battery.
1/6/2014
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so
if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your Kindle can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.

Please try this procedure at least 3 times (if you have leather cover or any other cover remove it).

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Kindle into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.

Another solution for this kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect Kindle).
2. Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the Kindle.
4. Leave the Kindle for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for exactly 45 seconds).

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd

Still working on this

No problem Marti. Take your time.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Thank you,
Todd

Eureka ...it is working once again!

Great! I'm glad that I could help.

Don't worry your Kindle is perfectly fine. That was a glitch in the software that prevented device to work properly (the same situation you have sometimes on your computer or cell phone - to froze).

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks for using our service.

Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician