Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How do I delete pictures out of the auto backup portion of

my gallery on the Samsung...
How do I delete pictures out of the auto backup portion of my gallery on the Samsung Tab 2?
6/25/2013
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

Are you referring to the photos that sync to your Google account online? If yes, do the following steps:

1. On your computer, go to picasaweb.google.com.
  2. Log into the Google/Gmail account which you are using on your phone.
  3. You will see the albums.
  4. You can delete each album or go into each album and delete the photos in those.
  5. The photos will be removed on your Galaxy Tab 2.

If this method did not work out or you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Nick,

I followed your directions and did successfully delete the albums/pictures off my laptop computer...but the pictures are still in my auto backup folder on my Tab 2 gallery. I powered off my tablet but the pictures are still in the gallery.

How do I delete them off my tablet?

Kevin

Kevin,

Those pictures on your tablet's memory. What you can do is to go to Gallery. Select any Album. Then tap and hold the Picture. Then you can tap more photos to select. When done, tap the Trash can to delete those photos.

Nick

Nick,

I'm sorry to be a pain but there is no trash can icon (or other delete option) that comes up when I tap and/or hold any picture. The only options available are the typical options to either 1) paste into email/Skype/Bluetooth/etc or 2) edit/crop/etc. I understand and have many times deleted items in a similar manner, but the whole delete option seems non-existent.

I need your help as this, specifically, applies to my Samsung Tab 2.

Thanks for your reply.

Please go back to picasaweb.google.com and log into your account. Do you still see your photos there?

If yes, please delete them one more time. If not, please continue.

1. On your tablet, go to Settings->Accounts->Google.
  2. Select your Google account on the list
  3. Uncheck Google Photos / Instant Upload.
  4. Tap the 3 dot button and select to sync.
  5. Check Gallery. Those photos will be removed from your tablet.

Please let me know if this method worked or not. Thank you!

Nick

Nick,

They are still there but, perhaps, because I didn't follow your instructions correctly. Steps 1 and 2 are easy, but I didn't find an option called "Google Photos/Instant Upload"...the closest was title "Sync Google Photos." I did uncheck this but don't know what you mean by "tap the three dot button"...where is that?

So, since I was unable to locate the 3 dot button" I unchecked it ad then re-checked "Sync Google Photos" and then rechecked it. Unfortunately, the album/photos are still there.

Starting to get pretty frustrated...

Thanks.

Please do the following steps:

2. Log into the Google/Gmail account which you are using on your tablet.
  3. You can delete each album or go into each album and delete the photos in those.
  4. When done, on your tablet, go to Settings->Accounts->Google.
  5. Select your Google account.
  6. Uncheck Sync Google Photos.
  7. Select to Sync your tablet.
  8. Those photos will be removed from your tablet.

If not working, please let me know. I will have you clear the Gallery settings.

Nick,

I had previously deleted the album off my laptop, but I went into my account again to verify...sure enough, no album/pictures.

I went back into my table as described above and did resync my tablet...the album/pictures remain on my tablet.

What in the world???

Thanks for your update.

Note: If your photos or videos are on internal memory, you will need to move/copy them to SD card or your computer before this internal memory temp file cleanup as they might get ERASED by this reset.
  1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Application Manager
  3. Select All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe left to go right to ALL)
  4. Select Media Storage and tap Clear Data.
  5. Go back to All and select Gallery
  6. Select Force Stop and Clear Data.
  7. Press Power button for 2-3 seconds and select Power off.
  8. Turn your tablet back on.
  9. Go back to check if those photos are still there.

Nick,

That seems to have worked!!! The pictures are no longer there!!

What's weird is that all my album art and even music was also "missing" for a couple of minutes...but for some reason, it's now back. I don't understand what the heck happened, but it seems like success has finally been reached.

Thanks for working through this with me...I hate weird stuff like this, but you managed to get me through it. Thanks very much...

Kevin

You are very welcomed Kevin.

That is great!

Glad it worked out for you. What we did was to reset the Gallery cache and Media storage. Those Album art was on the cache. However, when it loads back, it will get those from the files on your tablet or SD card.

Please rate my answer so I can get credit. Thanks and have a great day!

Nick
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist