Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Samsung Galaxy S2 keeps turning on by itself

My Samsung Galaxy S2 keeps...

My Samsung Galaxy S2 keeps turning on without me touching it and then goes to the tap and speak section even when I am using it.

Type of Device: Phone
Model: Samsung Galaxy s2
What have you tried so far?: turning it off and on again.

2/1/2013
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist

Welcome to JustAnswer.

When did you have this problem on your phone?

And what do you mean by goes to the tap and speak section? Do you mean the microphone which it will type what you speak?

Did you install any apps or update your phone's software BEFORE this problem started?

The problem start yesterday by itself with no updates on my phone made. I have not set up the microphone and it goes to the section to set it up.

Thanks for your update.

Please do a quick reset on your phone as follow:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  3. Select All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe to the right to get to ALL)
  4. Select Google Text-to-Speech Engine and tap Clear Data.
  5. Go back to All and select Google Services Framework.
  6. Select Clear Data.
  7. Turn off (shut down) your phone and turn it back on.
  8. See if it will do the same in 10-15 minutes.

It is still turning on without me touching it.

Thanks.

Please do another reset.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  4. Select Google Search.
  5. Select Clear Data.
  6. Turn off (shut down) your device and turn it back on.
  7. Test your issue again.

It did it again it turned off then started up without me touching it and is staying on draining my battery.

Thanks.

Please do another reset. Note: If your photos or videos are on internal memory, you will need to move/copy them to SD card or your computer before this internal memory temp file cleanup as they might get ERASED by this reset.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  4. Select Media Storage and tap Clear Data.
  6. Select Clear Data.
  8. Test your issue again.

Please let me know how it went. Thank you!

Nick

When I turned the phone back on it went straight to Voice Talk again. And then turned off and turned on again without me touching it.

Thanks.

Please go back to Settings->Apps->All. Select Voice Talk or Talk on the list. Tap Force Stop and Clear data. Check to see if it will do that again.
If that does not work, you can do this to disable it.

Go to Apps. Select Voice Talk on the list. Tap Driving Mode green button. It will turn gray. Voice Talk should be disabled now.

Test to see if that worked out. Thank you!

Nick

IT is still doing it.

Thanks.

Did you turn off Driving Mode in Voice Talk?

How do I do that?

From Home screen. Go to Apps. Select Voice Talk on the list. Tap Driving Mode green button. It will turn gray. Voice Talk should be disabled now.

Cannot see how to do that as it isn't even set up. I would have to set it up I think to do what you want. Do you want me to do that and put it in plain steps.

Thanks.

Please setup Voice Talk first. Then disable it the way I gave you. See if it will keep doing that again.

Driving mode was off.

Thanks.

Please turn off your phone. Turn it back on. Test to see if Voice Talk will do that again.

If still, we can uninstall it. Go to Settings->Apps->All. Select Vlingo or Voice Talk. Tap Uninstall button. Reboot your phone and test this issue again.

If that does not work, you can go to Play Store and download AntTek App Manager. When done, Open AntTek App Manager. Go to Apps tab. Search for Voice Talk. Tap and select Freeze or Delete (if you want to delete Voice Talk).

I cannot use the internet on my phone.

You can try to connect to Wi-Fi.

I do not have Wi - Fi

Thanks.

If no wifi, we can do a Factory Reset. This reset will erase all data on the phone. You need to back up and reset.

Would you like to proceed? Or do you want to wait to connect to Wi-Fi and uninstall Voice Talk?

How do I back up to reset?

First you will need to download Kies HERE. After installed Kies, connect your phone to computer and backup your contacts, messages, photos, videos, and other files.

When done with backup, do the following steps to reset your phone:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Privacy or Backup & Reset
  3. Select Factory data reset
  4. Select Reset phone
  5. Select Erase everything
  6. Your phone will reset which will take about 2-3 minutes.
  7. Setup your phone and restore your files from Kies.
  8. Test your issue to see if it will happen again.
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist