Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

samsung galaxy note 10.1. how can I transfer photos direct

Customer Question
from my Nikon camera to...
samsung galaxy note 10.1. how can I transfer photos direct from my Nikon camera to tablet. also data from memory stick. Isthere an adapter for micro port?

Rod Akhurst
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2013
Android Device Expert: Richard, Android Specialist replied 4 years ago
Richard, Android Specialist
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

First, are you able to get the photos onto your computer from the Nikon?

Yes

Thank you

You need to install Samsung Kies (free) on your computer.

You can download it from here

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

Once installed, connect the Note to the computer via the cable that came with the Note and Kies will allow you to copy photos to and from the Note to your computer.

You can also backup the Note with this program

If you have any difficulties, please let me know.

And please remember to Rate My Service

Thank you

not what I asked. I want to transfer photos direct from camera sandisk to tablet and similarly data from memory stick in situations when I do not have access to my computor.

understood Rod

this is not possible. The reason is how USB works (the way data is transferred)

You have a USB Host Device, and a USB Slave device.

A USB Host is a computer. It cordinates the transfer

A USB Slave is a recipient or giver of the Transfer. It does not coordinate.

Tablet PCS, Camera, Phones ect are all Slave devices. They cannot talk to each other. There needs to be a USB Host involved. This is why you
will need to use the computer.

An alternative is via Bluetooth. Does your Nikkon have Bluetooth wireless data transfer?

I could use the sandisk on my Asus 10 tablet ok why cant I connect a card reader to Note?

what is the multifunction jack for and themicro slot?

This is for a MicroSD card

graphic

The asus used a San Disk but the Note uses a much smaller microSD

the Jack is for connecting the Note to a computer

Does your Nikkon accept MicroSD cards?

iI have just been on Amazon website.They sell adapters for the Note multi function port so card readers and memo stics can be attached. d o these work

I have just beenon Amazon web site. They sell adaptors for Note multi function port so card reader and memmo sticks can be attached. Doe these work?

Not reliable. I went down this path before.

The best chance is to use the official Samsung one
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab-accessories/EPL-1PLRBEGSTA
It does work with the Note as well (same port)
But Rod, the reason I don't completly recommend this is I have had a lot of customers lose data on the card when using these adapters..
It seems they tend to malfunction and wipe the card clean of the photos.
I just want you to be aware, and if you note this and still wish to proceed, please use the official Samsung one on the address I gave above.
Rod,

why give me a poor rating? I am advising you on these adapters from my experiencing. You are free to use them, I am only warning you ahead?

IO could have just said use this, and you would not have be none the wiser with the problems you can have.

Instead I am doing the proper thing, giving you a review of these devices, and I get a Poor Rating from this?

ok Rod.

all the bst

Richard, Android Specialist