Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Samsung Galaxy S3 Going into Safe Mode?

My Samsung Galaxy S3 went...

My Samsung Galaxy S3 went into safe mode, how do i fix this, i have taken battery out, restarted, shut off, took battery out, but still in safe mode, have removed applications also.

12/7/2012
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist

Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com,

Please turn on your phone. Once it is go into Safe Mode at Home screen, press and hold the Power button for 2-3 seconds. Select Shutdown. Let your phone turns off. Wait for 1 minute. Press Power until you see the Samsung logo. Release the Power button and your phone should boot normally.

Thank you!

no it is still in safe mode, bottom does not work, but if i go on screen and scroll to things ie phone, i can use them, but would like safe mode removed, so i can use the 4 items on bottom of screen

Thanks for your update.

Please do this reset and reboot your phone:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps->All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe to the right to get to ALL)
  3. Select Google Services Framework and tap Clear Data.
  4. Turn off (shut down) your phone and turn it back on.
  5. See if the phone will be out of Safe Mode.

This still did not work!!!!

Thanks.

How unlock the phone so you will see Home Screen in Safe Mode. Press and hold Power button for 2-3 seconds. Select RESTART option. Let your phone reboot and your phone should be out of Safe Mode.

This is crazy it is still in safe mode. very discouraging.

Thanks for update.

That is really weird. All those methods should take the phone out of Safe Mode.

Please remove the battery out for 5 minutes. Put it back and turn on your phone. If the phone is still in Safe Mode, unlock and wait 30 seconds. Press and hold Power button for 2-3 seconds and select Restart option. Let your phone reboot. See if it will be out of Safe Mode or still the same.

If still the same, press and hold the Power button and select Shutdown. Wait for 1 minute. Do this Hard Reboot as follow:

1. Remove battery and put it back right away.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when Logo comes up.
  4. You will see the menu options:
  5. Select Reboot system now. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home or Power button)
  6. Your phone will reboot. Check to see if it will be out of Safe Mode or still the same.

its still the same, am giving up and will take it to store in the afternoon and get them to do something with it.

Thanks.

Before going, please click HERE to see a video to show you how to get in and out of Safe Mode.

Let me know how it went. Thank you!
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist

It didnt help so thank you for your help, will take my phone in today and see if they can help me....am not very happy.....but not much i can do....will let you know later today if they are able to take it out of safe mode.

Sure. Hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Hi there,

Well I took my phone back to where I bought it, and what they had to do was undo the latest update, (Ice Cream, whatever that is) and then do update again.

My phone now is back to original state, and working like before.

Thank you for being there and trying... I personally will not be doing updates again, if they are required will take it to an expert to do for me.

Excellent!

So it was a bad upgrade. That was why we did all the ways to get out of safe mode but could not.

I am glad that your phone is working again. Have a great day!

featured content

How to turn off safe mode on Galaxy S3 explained  

If you’re unsure of how to turn off safe mode on a Galaxy S3, there are some fairly simple fixes you can try that might resolve the issue.  

Perform a reboot to get Galaxy S3 out of safe mode   

• The easiest fixes are sometimes all you need. Try resetting the phone, by holding down the Power button until you’re able to select the Shutdown option.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
  • Turn the device off, and then after waiting 1 minute turn it back on.                                                                                                                                                                                             
  • If the phone still restarts in safe mode, try the above steps again, only this time when the screen turns on hold down the Back button until the device reboots.  

Clearing phone settings for a Galaxy S3 stuck in safe mode  

To correct issues within the phone’s settings that might be contributing to this problem:   

1. Go to Settings.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
  2. Go to the Apps menu then select ALL.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  3. Select Google Services Framework then select Clear Data.                                                                                                                                                                                                  
  4. Try rebooting the phone again.  

Turning off safe mode on your Galaxy S3 with a hard reboot 

If the previous methods didn’t work, you can also try a hard reset to get the Galaxy out of safe mode. To perform a hard reboot on your phone:  

1. Remove the battery and put it back in immediately.                                                                                                                                                                                       
  2. Press and hold the Volume UpHome and Power buttons at the same time.                                                                                                                                                                                        
  3. When the logo appears on the screen, release all the buttons                                                                                                                                                                                      
  4. Select the menu option: Reboot System Now 

Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist