Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My Samsung Galaxy S2 won’t turn on and keeps vibrating.

My Samsung Galaxy S 2 won't fully turn...

My Samsung Galaxy S 2 won't fully turn on, instead it vibrates every two seconds. I've tried taking the battery out and leaving it out for several minutes and I get the same result. This has happened several times in the past, I've gotten the phone to reboot fully, but not this time. How do I fix this and how do I prevent this from happening again?

11/22/2012
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist

Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer,

I am sorry that you are having booting issue with your Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.

Please do a quick Hard Reboot as follow:

1. Take battery out and put it back in.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when Logo comes up.
  4. You will see the menu options:
  5. Select Reboot system now. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)

Your phone will reboot and should be used normally.

Earlier when this started happening, I did exactly that. Saw it a few months ago when I had this problem and it worked wonders. I've tried doing the same thing and have no such luck yet.

Thanks for your reply.

When connect your phone to charger or computer, do you see any light comes up indicates that the phone is charging?

The battery symbol appeared for just a moment then disappeared. The phone continues to vibrate every 2 seconds even when hooked to charger.

Thanks,

Your phone's battery could be faulty. First, I think we should test your phone with another battery. Make sure to fully charge it and try to turn on your phone. See if your phone will turn on.

By the way, when and where did you purchase your phone?

I will give that a shot. I purchased the phone about a year ago.

I just switched from my mom's phone (we have the same phone) and placed it into mine. Same result.

Thanks.

Did you try to do a Hard Reboot?

If same issue, this could be a phone's system board issue. Please call Samsung Support at 1-800-726-7864 to check if your phone is still in warranty or not. I know this is bothersome, however, this is the best way to go about this problem.

If your phone is still under warranty, they should be able to arrange a replacement phone sending to you. This process will take about 7-10 business days. I have helped many customers having phone problems and they reported that Samsung Support were fast in exchanging their phones.

If your phone is OUT OF WARRANTY, you can bring your phone to a local cell phone repair so they can do a FULL test and replace/repair faulty component(s). This could be just the charge module on the phone or the system board needs to be replaced.

Thank you!

Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist

Thank you for your help today

Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist