Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My Samsung Galaxy mini s5570 will not connect to my wifi, all

other devices in home will...
My Samsung Galaxy mini s5570 will not connect to my wifi, all other devices in home will. Please provide a solution. It has connected twice since I got it.
10/18/2012
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com.

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

Do you have the wifi password?

When was the last time your phone connected to wifi?
Yes, the phone connected tonight. After a short while the connection dropped. It gives a message scanning, then not connected.
Hi Nick, a question, how can i be sure my credit card details are secure? What will the cost of this advice amount to?
Thanks for your reply.

Please go to wifi settings.
Tab and hold your wifi connection for 2 to 3 seconds.
Select forget.
Turn off your phone.
Turn it back on.
Try to connect to wifi again.

Please let me know if it work out for you or not.

Regarding your billing question, please contact Customer Service and they will assist you.
Nick, thank you. I have tried his before and it did not work. I have tried it again and it failed. Message "scanning" , "connecting" and then "disconnected" . All searches suggests a problem with this phone. The phone seems to be trying to connect. It seems it cannot get the IP address.
jerry
Thanks.

Please turn off your wifi router/modem for 3 minutes. Turn it back on and connect your phone to wifi again. See if this will work for you.
Nick, his has worked, thank you. Given my experience to date, I will monitor the progress and let you know the results over the coming days.

Thank you for your efficient response.

Regards

Thats great Jerry!

Glad I could help out. Hope to hear back from you.

Have a great day!

Nick

The phone is not connecting to my wifi network It held connection for a short while last night but back to square one...

There are a lot of postings on google about wifi problems with this phone. Samsung should be sorting this one out. I will email them also. I think it will take a miracle at this stage, am very pissed off.

Thanks Jerry.

You can backup your photos, videos and data to SD card. Then do a Factory Reset and test your issue again.

Nick

I have carried out instructions and have done a factory reset, no joy. it scans and gives a message, disconnected.

hi nick

any other ideas?

Thanks Jerry,

Let me reopen your question to all experts for other suggestions.

Hi Nick

History, its a Samsung Galaxy Mini GT S5570 bought in Dublin over three weeks ago. Upon purchase I had problems connecting to my Belkin router. A laptop, two Iphones, an IPAD and a samsung Galaxy S1 all connect to the network via a wep key from the router. I contacted the Belkin helpdesk, they were very helpful and changed some settings this week and hey presto the phone connected. This lasted for a few hours. A chnage you suggested last night also worked but again for a short while.

Today I followed your advice and peformed a factory reset, again no luck. I should say that I brought the phone back to the store where I bought it and it connected to their wifi and as a result they would not exchange the phone. As I type this I wonder if I should ask them for their settings to see if that might help

This is so frustrating. I hope some of your experts might be able to help.

Jerry.

Nick
I have obtained assistance from router provider and after changing router settings the galaxy is CONNECTED to my network and the Internet.

Thanks Jerry for your update.

Glad it is working for you. This network issue could cause by your wifi router.

Did they change the security mode or wifi channel?
Nick
We reset the security settings so hopefully this will work, i am a little dubious given my experiences so far but will let you know. Perhaps if other people have similar problems you can point them to their router.

Regards

Thanks Jerry.

That was one of the reason I asked you to reboot the wifi router/modem. Thank you for the tip. Please test it out to see if your phone will work properly with wifi. And please rate my answer so I can get credit for my time.

Have a great weekend!
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Nick, the phone lost access to wifi this morning so I unplugged the router and it now works. It is a router issue . When I came back home earlier I again had to unplug router. This is crazy, surely samsung must be aware of whatever glitch there is with this phone.
Thanks Jerry.

You can try to change.the security to WPA or WPA2 with 10 digits and alphabet combo. See if that would make any difference.
Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist