Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved
! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service
and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device
Unfortunately you will have to perform a reset of the device. This is the only way to get access to the device again, but its not as bad as it sounds.
As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account (as long as they were synced previously
). Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".
As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.
To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions(This is for the original LG Optimus, if you have a different model it may be different):
- Remove the battery.
- Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
- Hold down the Volume Down AND the Home buttons then press the Power button. Hold these buttons until your phone turns on then release the power button but contnue to hold the other two until it boots into hboot/recovery.
- Your phone will boot into hboot/recovery mode.
- Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
- Choose "Wipe Data / Factory Reset"
- Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.
- When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device.