Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

I have exactly the same problemBlooover.jar, Blooover2b.jar,bluesniff-0.1.tar.tar

Customer Question
and other jar and tar,tar...
I have exactly the same problemBlooover.jar, Blooover2b.jar,bluesniff-0.1.tar.tar and other jar and tar,tar files, I am trying to transfer those same files to my HTC and doesn't work.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Android Devices
10/5/2012
Android Device Expert: Answers by Eric, Developer replied 5 years ago
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not the site itself, or your frustration with your device.

Are you trying to convert Cell Control(Bloover) so you can use it on an Android device?

I received five zipped files from the developer I told them I had an android phone. once unzipped these are
blooover2.jar

blooover2b.jar

bluesniff-0.1.tar.tar

btexplorer.jar

btscanner-2.0.tar.tar

I was told to connect the phone and see it on my pc then drag all five files to the phone drive. Then disconnect the phone and open blooover2.jar.

I see all 5 files, but they do nothing when opened other than show a text file

You're not going to like this... but its the truth none the less, so its what you deserve so all I ask is that you remember you are rating my service and thoroughness, and not your satisfaction with any other company or product. I pride myself on the integrity and thoroughness of my answers (as my 100% positive rating will attest to), so I can only offer you this honest answer...

It's NOT as easy as just converting those files and installing them on an Android phone. Cell Control (also known as Bloover, Cell Tracker, and Watch Me!), along with a few other spyware companies have a habit of telling their customers that its as easy as a simple file conversion or unzipping just to get a sale. They also are very good with pre sales support to convince you to buy it and promise you it will work fine once you convert it with no problem.

You can't just convert the Cell Tracker files, a jar or tar file to an apk(an apk is an installation file for Android), and Android does NOT run or install jar or tar files. It has to be compiled for Android. Android's java library doesn't have all the swing stuff that's in normal java, so the app would have to be completely re-written to work on android and it has not been.

There's a reason they(Cell Control|Tracker / Bloover / WatchMe / etc.) dont just convert the files themselves and sell the apk file. The reason they dont just convert it and sell it themselves is they know it doesn't work after conversion and that the entire app/software needs to be rewritten. Think about it, if it could be converted, they would do it and just sell you the APK file. They simply want you to buy the program, once they sell it to you they dont care if it works or not. If you want to verify what I am telling you, Google the term "Cell Control Scam" or "Cell Control Rip Off"

There is a company called "UpOnTek" (upontek.com) that if you send them the jar/java files they will send you back an APK file for you Android device, but I have yet to meet someone who has said it was successful. It's not guaranteed to work at all after you get it back, and I don't even recommend it, but I feel I should give you all options so I can say my answer was thorough.

Android is designed to thwart spyware, and to not allow it which is why you won't find any of the spyware companies selling you Android files directly.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer