Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

My HTC ONE X screen goes black but the phone is still operating

as it vibrates and rings...
My HTC ONE X screen goes black but the phone is still operating as it vibrates and rings but there is no display on the creen. I have to turn it off and then turn it back on to get it working then when i leave it after 5 min it does it again.
9/5/2012
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

First, please do a quick reset as follow and then test your issue again:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps->All
  3. Select Media Storage
  4. Select Force Stop and Clear Data
  5. Go back to ALL and select Google Services Framework
  6. Select Clear Data.
  7. Turn your device off and back on.
  8. Test your issue with screen going blank.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ONLY RATE MY ANSWER WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR 100% SATISFIED. And remember that YOU ARE RATING MY HELP/SERVICE, not site-related issues or the outcome of this question. Please rate my answer 3 rating or higher so I can get credit.

If my answer did not work or you have any questions or concerns, DO NOT RATE YET and please reply to me via the Reply To Expert button. Reply with your status/update and I will be happy to continue further.

Thank you,

Nick

Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist

Hi Nick

Unfortunately after 5 min the screen is black again and the only way i can bring it back up is by keeping my finger on the on/off button and shutting it down and then restarting it.

Sorry for the late reply

Carlo

Thanks Carlo.

How long did you have the phone for?

When did you have this problem?

Did you install any software or apps on your phone BEFORE this problem started?

Please first try to backup your contacts or sync them with Google Contacts. Copy/transfer your files to computer. Then reset couple settings.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Apps
  3. Select Downloaded
  4. On this list, select and uninstall those apps that you not using or not that important.
  5. When done, reboot your phone and test your issue again.

Do you still have the same problem? If yes, we might need to do a factory reset.

Thank You

This got the job done and i am extremely satified with the service and your help.

Thank you again as your help was greatly appreciated.

You are very welcomed.

Glad I could help out. Please rate my answer so I can get credit.

Thanks and have a great day!
Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist