Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Why can't I hook up my galaxy tab to my TV through hdmi c

Why can't i hook up...
Why can't i hook up my galaxy tab to my tv through hdmi cable
7/17/2012
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Hi and welcome,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your Android issues.

What adapter do you have?

Did you select the correct source on your TV?

sorry about delay to your response . samsungHDTV adapter.

I used HDMI port on TV

Thanks Steve!

Please disconnect the adapter from your Galaxy Tab. Make sure to connect all the cables and to your TV.

Please press and hold the Power button down for 20 seconds. Press Power button again to turn on your tablet if it did not reboot.

Then connect the adapter to your Galaxy Tab and see if you can get display on your TV. Thank you!

it didnt display on TV .I hve just brought tab the book that came with adapterif not working well upgrade software on tab what software would that be thanks
Steve,

Please check your Galaxy Tab version. Go to Settings->About tablet -> What is your Software version number?
android version 4.0.3 baseband version P5100XXLD7 kernel version 3.0.8-546364-user [email protected]#1
Thanks.

If you go to Settings->Display, can you change the output to TV?

Can get the your adapter model number?
KCC-REM-SEC-EPL-3PHPBE S/N;RT1B804AS E went yo settings and does not showtv option thanks
Thanks Steve.

It does show that it is compatible with your tablet but does not say about the Android 4.0.

Please do a quick reset on your tablet and test again.

Go to Settings

Select Apps-> ALL

Select Media Storage and Clear Data

Go back to ALL and select Google Services Framework

Select Clear Data.

Turn your device off and back on.

Try to connect to your TV and see if it will display. Thank you!

unfortunaly it did not work thanks
Thanks.

You might want to reset your Galaxy Tab to factory settings. This will wiped your data out so please back up your data to microSD card or connect to your computer and transfer them out. Then proceed as following:

-Go to Settings

-Select Privacy

-Select Factory data reset

-Select Reset tablet

-Select Erase everything

-Your tablet will reset which will take about 3-5 minutes. Set it up again and test your TV issue. Thank you.

it still did not work maybe adapter is not right one
Thanks Steve.

This means that the adapter is not compatible with the current version of Android 4. Please let me search for an adapter you can purchase.
that would be great thanks
Steve,

Please click on the links and decide which you can go with. They are all Samsung brand.

Galaxy Tab HDMI adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-10-1-8-9-HDMI-Docking-Adapter-HDTV-out-EPL-3PHPBEGSTA-GENUINE-/190703085646?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item2c66ca284e

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-TabTM-HDTV-Adapter/dp/B0059UGT1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343265199&sr=8-1&keywords=galaxy+tab+hdmi+adapter

Galaxy Tab Multimedia dock

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-Samsung-HDMI-Multimedia-Galaxy-Tab-7-0-Desktop-Charger-Music-Dock-/370634095968?pt=US_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item564b837d60

Here is a video reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVb-UAygr3I

These should work with your Galaxy Tab. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ONLY RATE MY ANSWER WHEN YOU ARE DONE OR 100% SATISFIED. And remember that YOU ARE RATING MY HELP/SERVICE.

If my answer did not work or you have any questions or concerns, DO NOT RATE YET and please reply to me via the Reply To Expert or Continue Conversation button. Reply with your status/update and I will be happy to continue further.

Thank you,

Nick

Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Nick H.
Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist