Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
How long has this problem been occurring for?
It needed to be charged on Friday in the AM. Plugged it in and turned it on and the problem has been the same since.
Has the phone been dropped or hit hard recently?
Dropped it the other day, but it worked fine afterwards
Ok, but it might have damaged an internal component that took some time to start malfunctioning. It will be one of the two things wrong with the phone
Okay, is it fixable?
Either the operating system has corrupted, or the memory or an internal component is malfunctioning. To rule out the operating system, I advise you to do a hard reset on the phone. This is going to wipe all your data, but there is not going to be a way to access it anyway. To reset the phone, please do the following
- Press Volume-Down Key, Camera Key, then power key. Hold until ‘android system recovery’ screen shows up.
- Press Menu Button to show to the ‘Android System Recovery Options’
- Highlight “wipe data/factory reset” by Using Volume Down Button
- To execute, press the Camera key
- On confirmation screen, select ‘Yes — delete all user data’.
- Press Camera key to run factory reset.
- Once the Data wipe is complete.
- Highlight ‘Reboot System Now’.
- Press Camera key to Execute
If after doing this the phone will still not start up, then I am very sorry but you will need to have it replaced under warranty
Now it just has the ZTE image and nothing else. No music, no powering up screen. The SD chip popped out when I did this
Ok, then it is an internal fault within the phone. I am really sorry but you only have the option to have it repaired under warranty
Okay, thank you for your time.
We have ruled out any possibility of this being caused by Software corruption
You are very welcome and I wish you all the best