Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

Kindle Fire power cord problem - it will not charge

Customer Question
I have a Kindle Fire...

I have a Kindle Fire power cord problem- my kindle fire won't charge even when plugged in. It doesn't connect right at the plug. I have held the power cord in different directions and angles. The Kindle connects for a few seconds then powers off.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/26/2012
Android Device Expert: Kriptokrit, Technician replied 5 years ago
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer! I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Press and hold the power button on the bottom of the device for 20 seconds.

2. After the 20 seconds, release the power button.

3. Device will turn off, wait 1 minute, then turn on your Kindle.

Please let me know if that works. If not,I'll provide you with the next step.

Tried that and the unit came on long enough to say that the battery was too low to restart and that we should reconnect with the charger for 15 minutes before restarting. It constantly gives message over and over but never charges

It may take up to 4 hours to fully charge your Kindle Fire through the power adapter if the battery was completely drained. Turn off your Kindle and recharge it for minimum 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, (while still plugged in) press and hold power button for 20 seconds. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Kindle to reboot.

I actully tried to let it charge all night. It kept rebooting on and off without me touching it.

Looks like that your Kindle may be defective. You will have to contact Amazon customer service at 1-***-***-**** in order to receive a new Kindle Fire for free. The returning shipment would be free as well.

Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician