Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

How can I convert winzip(tar) file and executable jar files

Customer Question
How can I convert winzip(tar)...

How can I convert winzip(tar) file and executable jar files to APT(Android package files)? I have HTC phone from T mobile??

Is there a android converter(free) that converts all file types into Android Apt(application) files including WINZIP files???

I need to upload the following files to my HTC Android phone:

bloooover2.jar     (executable JAR file)

bloooover2b.jar  (executable JAR file)

bluesniff.-0.1.tar.tar (Winzip file)

BTExplorer.Jar    (executable JAR file)

btscanner-2.0 tar (Winzip file)

Please note first I need to know how can I upload these files into my Android phone.

Second I need to know how I can convert these files into APT format for my Android phone( Is there a free converter available at Google Apps).

Your prompt response is appreciated.

Thank you.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Android Devices
4/18/2012
Android Device Expert: Answers by Eric, Developer replied 5 years ago
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions and get your problem resolved!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

You're not going to like this... but its the truth none the less, so its what you deserve. I pride myself on the integrity and thoroughness of my answers (as my 100% positive rating will attest to), so I can only offer you this honest answer...

It's NOT as easy as just converting those files and installing them on an Android phone. Cell Control (also known as Bloover and Watch Me), along with a few other spyware companies have a habit of telling their customers that its as easy as a simple file conversion just to get a sale. They also are very good with pre sales support to convince you to buy it and promise you it will work fine once you convert it with no problem.

You can't just convert a jar or tar file to an apk(an apk is an installation file for Android), and Android does NOT run or install jar or tar files. It has to be compiled for Android. Android's java library doesn't have all the swing stuff that's in normal java, so the app would have to be completely re-written to work on android and it has not been.

There's a reason they(Cell Control / Bloover / WatchMe / etc.) dont just convert the files themselves and sell the apk file. The reason they dont just convert it and sell it themselves is they know it doesn't work after conversion and that the entire app/software needs to be rewritten. Think about it, if it could be converted, they would do it and just sell you the APK file. They simply want you to buy the program, once they sell it to you they dont care if it works or not. If you want to verify what I am telling you, Google the term "Cell Control Scam" or "Cell Control Rip Off"

There is a company called "UpOnTek" (upontek.com) that if you send them the jar/java files they will send you back an APK file for you Android device, but I have yet to meet someone who has said it was successful. It's not guaranteed to work at all after you get it back, and I don't even recommend it, but I feel I should give you all options so I can say my answer was thorough.

Android is designed to thwart spyware, and to not allow it which is why you won't find any of the spyware companies selling you Android files directly.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted

Register Here
) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

I appreciate your prompt and honest reply. I am not happy as I stand to lose $70 which I already paid though their website claims they will give a refund within 30 days.

I have already sent the same response I sent to you to their technical support for which their response is awaited within 24 hrs.

I would like to hear from them, should they decide to refund the $70 I spend, I will pay you the $12 for your honest response.

Also I would like to check out with up upontek.com and see if I can get the files converted and the software works.

I appreciate your patience and understanding and I will keep you posted.

Thank you.

Nitin

Ok no problem. I understand your frustration with spending money on something to find out it doesnt work.

Register Here
)
if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you any more, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer