Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

how to fix too many pattern attempts ? have never set up

Customer Question
how to fix 'too many...
how to fix 'too many pattern attempts' ? have never set up google account and has no data (internet usage on phone) samsung galaxy s
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/18/2012
Android Device Expert: Kriptokrit, Technician replied 5 years ago
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

You will have to perform a factory reset of the device. Resetting will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. SD card will not be affected.

To perform factory reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and re-insert battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select wipe data/factory reset.
6. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Please let me know if that works. If not, I'll provide you with the next step.
Do not accept my answer before we find solution for your problem. Thanks!
this is not working. have taken sim card out cause it wants pin no. it keeps going to 'too many pattern attempts' and can not carry out the steps listed above
What is the lock you have on your phone? (PIN, PUK, Pattern, personal phone lock etc.)

What is the problem to perform previous procedure? Did you turn off your phone?

Thanks!

this is not working. have taken sim card out cause it wants pin #. it keeps going to 'too many pattern attempts' and can not carry out the steps listed above. please suggest something else cause I can't get past 'too many pattern attempts' and request for google acct.

It is a pattern used to lock the phone

It could require some practice. Please try one more time.

Please note - follow step by step. Turn off your phone and press combination of buttons.

Click on the link below for video instructionCheck the video instruction (similar to samsung galaxy s)

The phone was not turned off prior to problem

I was attempting to figure out the security pattern over and over until it locked down

Did you check the video from the previous message?

What happens when you try to perform procedure I posted in the previous message?

The phone says that it is Downloading...

as well as 'Do not turn off target!!!' so I still can't carry out steps

what should I try now?

Have watched the video but can't get past problem stated above

Thanks for the reply.

Just pull the battery out, leave it for a few seconds and replace the battery. Now restart the Phone.

(Download mode is activated by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time.)

To perform factory reset you have to press Volume Up + Home + Power button. Check the picture below:
Picture - click here (Volume + is Volume Up button)
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician

Thank you for your help. Have succeeded in carrying out steps above and phone is now working again minus much valuable information. I will be in big trouble!!

You're welcome. I'm glad that I could help.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician