OK, no problem. If that's the case, follow the same steps but at the end you will need to highlight reboot system now and press the power button to reboot the phone, that's the only difference in the steps.
Here is a copy of my previous answer, edited for your MAXX
As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account. Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".
As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.
To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:
- Turn the phone completely off (press and hold the power button until it shuts down)
- Press and hold the Volume UP and Volume Down buttons in
- While holding them in, also press the Power button in
- Continue to hold all three in until you see a Boot Menu
- Use the volume down button to highlight Recovery
- Use the volume up button to select it
- Once you see the screen with the Android and an exclamation mark, press the volume up and down keys together simultaneously
- Use the volume down key to highlight wipe data/factory reset
- Press the power button to select it
- Repeat the process to highlight and select YES
- Once the process is complete use the volume down button to highlight reboot system now
- Press the power button to select it and your phone will reboot as if it is being turned on for the first time.
Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!