Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

i dropped my droid a855 now the touchscreen wont work it powers

Customer Question
on you can call it...
i dropped my droid a855 now the touchscreen wont work it powers on you can call it and all it does is vibrate until you remove the battery wont unlock
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Android Devices
11/11/2011
Android Device Expert: Answers by Eric, Developer replied 6 years ago
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

I am very sorry no one has gotten back to you about this yet. I understand many problems are time sensitive and may have already been resolved. If this is the case I can have the question closed for you.

If you have not resolved the issue, I would be glad to do what I can to help, just let me know you still need assistance.

No it hasn't been resolved
  1. Remove the battery.
  2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. Open the Keyboard and hold down the X Key, keep holding the X Key and then also hold the Power Key at the same time.
  4. Keep holding BOTH buttons until a yellow triangle appears

If you cannot see the Yellow triangle on the screen, then the screen has been permanently damaged by the drop, and the only option you have then is to have the phone replaced. If you see the Yellow Triangle, tell me and we can continue to resolve the issue.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time Assisting you. Keep in mind that JustAnswer does NOT pay me salary and only by you pressing accept am I compensated! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!! Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.

Will I lose the pictures on my phone I don't think all were saved on my sd card

NO, this is just testing the screen right now. Nothing I told you to do will damage any data on the phone.

K I got that which do I choose

The options change from firmware to firmware, which options do you have?

It will b a couple hours before I can get back to you I have to leave for a veterans day program for my son sorry

Ok, no problem, when you reply to me we can continue.

Ok triangle is up now what
Are you there?

1. Now press the Volume UP and the Camera button at the same time. (you may have to try it more than once as they have to be pushed at the same time)
  2. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
  3. Use the directional pad on the keyboard to select Clear Cache Partition (if you dont see it, choose Recovery, and then look for it).

After you clear the cache partition, you can attempt to reboot, just remove and replace the battery then power it on.

Ok touchscreen still not working

OK, then there is only one more thing we can try, and thats a complete reset of the device. If that doesnt resolve it, then the phones screen is physically damaged and your only choice then would be to send it back to Verizon for a replacement or refurbishing.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account.

Any apps you have, you can also get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps". As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

1. Remove the battery.
  5. Now press the Volume UP and the Camera button at the same time. (you may have to try it more than once as they have to be pushed at the same time)
  6. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
  7. Use the directional pad on the keyboard to select Format
  8. Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Ok thanks for helping me sorry it took so long and it didn't fix it thanks.
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer