Android Devices

Android Questions? Ask Android Device Experts for Answers ASAP

Android Devices

my zte score from cricket android wont send any text messages

Customer Question
and it only 6 days...
my zte score from cricket android wont send any text messages and it only 6 days old
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Android Devices
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2011
Android Device Expert: Answers by Eric, Developer replied 6 years ago
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Eric and I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Do you get any errors when you try and send the text? I am trying to narrow it down so need further information.

I do get an error that the msg failed but thats it.

OK, I want you to try one thing for me.

Open the Market app on your phone and search for, then install a free app called "GO SMS Pro"

Its a text app, thats far more stable and reliable than the one on your phone. Once it installs, open it up and go through the setup NOT CHANGING any of the default settings (you can uninstall the app later if you want). Once it sets up, try and send a text message with it.

ok i cant find "Go sms Pro"

for instance i see "go sms pro emoji plugin" or "go sms pro springtime theme"

what am i doing wrong/

Click here: http://goo.gl/EmitI

That is the Market page for GO SMS Pro. You can press the Install button on the web page. It will ask you to be signed into the SAME google/gmail account that is on your Android phone. Once you are signed in and press install, it will instantly begin installing on your phone, no need to plug the phone into anything it does it wirelessly.

ok i did that and i got an error that said "your device is not compatible with this item"

You may have an older version of Android on the phone thats not going to work with these.

Can I ask, were you ever able to send texts... or has it been this way since day one.

yes i was able to send texs from the day i had the phone untill yesterday

Ok, lets try this then.

1. Go to your Settings by either opening the Settings app, or going to your home screen > pressing the menu button on the phone > choose settings.
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the 'All' tab at the top
  5. Locate and tap on the Messaging app (look for the app you text with)
  6. Tap on the Clear Data button
  7. Pull the battery from the phone and then replace it and reboot it

You should now be able to send texts.

omg! im still getting the error saying messages not sent...i have a full signal too but the arrows above the 3g are not blinking when trying to send a message like it usualy would could that mean anything?

Ok, are you able to open the browser app and view a webpage?

yes with no problem

Ok, then my only suggestion to you is that you try and reset the device so it will automatically replace the system messaging app with a new fresh copy as well as the settings. As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again. As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Go to your Home Screen
  2. Press the Menu button
  3. Choose Settings
  4. Choose Privacy
  5. Choose Factory Data Reset

ok ill do that.. but real quick i did that yesterday to so if i do that today do you think it will fix it? if not do you know what may have caused this to happen?

I dont see a reason this wouldn't resolve it, but if it doesnt resolve it then there is ONLY one of two things wrong:

1. There is a serious defect in the Android OS of the device, and even a system restore wont resolve it. There is no way of telling how or why this happened, and its VERY rare that it would... but you have grounds for a replacement device if this is the case.
  2. The other... this happens more than you would know. SMS/MMS has been disabled on your account and the carrier needs to enable it. Again, no reason for this to happen but if its not the phone, its the account.

yea so it still does not send them so if i go to a full service center for cricket doyou think they can do something else or there is jus no hope?...and i have no warranty so ill jus be out of luck

If you just got the device 6 days ago you shouldnt need a warranty. If you take it into the full service center though, they may be able to either flash new firmware to the device OR flash the settings needed in case yours became corrupt somehow.

So yes, I think that at this point, is your best option.

Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer